10 Jennifer Lawrence Facts, Including Why She’s Glad She Didn’t Get The Role Of Bella In ‘Twilight’
Jennifer Lawrence has risen to fame and warmed the hearts of everyone in Hollywood more than perhaps any other star ever has. In fact, she is the darling of Hollywood. Here are some amazing facts about the talented actress.
1. Boomsbeat reports that Jennifer Lawrence’s parents said she could only act if she finished high school, so she graduated two years early with an impressive 3.9 GPA.
2. When she first met Woody Harrelson, it was in his trailer on the set of The Hunger Games. The first thing she did was as him about his yoga swing.
“Hey Woody, is that a sex swing?”
— Jennifer Lawrence (@JenLawsourceFR) November 17, 2015
3. Jennifer Lawrence’s nickname on the set of The Hunger Games was “Katp*ss Neverclean.” How warm and fuzzy is that? The reason behind it is hilarious.
— LOL Factory (@LOLfactory) July 25, 2015
4. List 25 reports that Jennifer Lawrence has never had any formal training in acting — not even a high school drama class. However, she did local theater from a young age.
5. Jennifer Lawrence was discovered by a photographer when she was on a vacation with her family in New York at the age of 14. This set her on a career in modelling although she told Vanity Fair she really wanted to be an actress.
“I was in New York, just watching street dancing, and this model scout asked if he could take a picture. I had no idea that was creepy. So I was like, ‘Yeah, sure,’ and I gave him my mom’s phone number. And then he called and said all these agents wanted to meet, and we were like, ‘Might as well.’ I was playing field hockey and cheerleading and wanted to be a doctor — but within 20 minutes, in the cab ride from the hotel room, I decided I didn’t want to be a model, that, in fact, I wanted to be an actress, and I would only sign with an agency if they would let me audition for commercials and act as well.”
6. This one just makes people gasp. According to List 25, Jennifer Lawrence initially turned down the role of Katniss Everdeen. She thought about it for three days before changing her mind and accepting the role. As if anyone else could have every filled her shoes in The Hunger Games.
7. Jennifer Lawrence auditioned for the role of Bella in Twilight, Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, and Jules in Superbad. This was all before she became Katniss Everdeen, and she told the Guardian that she was glad that she didn’t get the role of Bella in the end.
“Oh yeah, for sure. I remember when the first movie came out, seeing Kristen Stewart on the red carpet and getting papped wherever she went. I’d had no idea Twilight would be such a big deal. For me, and assuming for her, it was just another audition. Then it turned into this whole other thing.”
— Theryyx (@JenLawtheQueen) September 9, 2015
Jennifer Lawrence was also worried about how overwhelming The Hunger Games might be.
“I worried that it would be overwhelming and that no one would be able to see me as any other character. But I really cared about the movie. I’m as proud of The Hunger Games as I am any of the other films I’ve done.”
8. Jennifer Lawrence was in the music video for the song “The Mess I Made” performed by the band Parachute.
9. Her role in Winter’s Bone garnered Jennifer Lawrence a Best Actress nomination, making her the third youngest to ever receive that honor.
10. TWC Central reveals that Jennifer Lawrence is also the youngest actress to ever be nominated for two Best Actress awards, the first for Winter’s Bone and the second for Silver Linings Playbook two years later. She won the award for Silver Linings Playbook.
[Photo by Alison Buck/Getty Images]