Michael Jackson may have died from Demerol overdose

Michael Jackson’s sudden an unexpected death may have been caused by an overdoes of Demerol according to new reports.

Demerol is the brand name for a form of Pethedine, an opioid analgesic drug that is used for the treatment of moderate to severe pain. The drug is often compared to morphine, and is supposed to be safer and carry less risk of addiction, and is claimed to be superior in treating certain types of pain. Demerol though has come under scrutiny in recent years, with Australia putting severe limits on its use.

According to unconfirmed reports, Jackson aides told medics he had collapsed after a Demerol injection. “Shortly after taking the Demerol he started to experience slow shallow breathing” an aide allegedly told the media. “His breathing gradually got slower and slower until it stopped.”

From the time he was discovered, Michael Jackson never regained consciousness. Official details as to the cause of death should be available early next week.

Share this article: Michael Jackson may have died from Demerol overdose
More from Inquisitr