Khloe Kardashian Considered Quitting ‘KUWTK’ To Save Her Marriage To Lamar Odom

Khloe Kardashian nearly ended her reality television career just two years ago. As her marriage to Lamar Odom hit a rocky patch with rumors of his alleged cheating and drug use, the longtime reality star nearly quit Keeping Up With The Kardashians.

“At one point, I actually went to the producers and said I needed some time off from the show,” Khloe Kardashian revealed in her new book, Strong Looks Better Naked, as reported by Hollywood Life on November 3.

At the time, producers of the long-running E! reality show were completely shocked, as Khloe Kardashian had never asked for a break from filming before. So, understandably, they asked Khloe Kardashian what was wrong.

“I told her, ‘Nothing. I just need some family time,’ but she knew. [And] many others on the set suspected. How could they not? But I needed the time. I was living 90 percent of my life in front of the cameras, but the other 10 percent was and is scared.”

Although Khloe Kardashian wasn’t ready to admit what the problem was, rumors continued to swirl online, and ultimately, she and Odom began seeking counseling in hopes of salvaging their relationship. Sadly, however, Khloe Kardashian was unable to make it work with Odom, and after months of trying to reconcile, she filed for divorce in December 2013.

Years later, nearly two years after Khloe Kardashian’s firing, she and Odom remained married, and while rumors claimed their split was finalized over the summer, a judge had yet to sign off on the divorce, leaving the couple’s marriage intact at the time of his hospitalization in October.

Although Khloe Kardashian and Odom remain married, the couple is no longer romantic and has no plans to become romantic in the future. Plus, Khloe Kardashian is currently dating James Harden of the Houston Rockets and recently supported the professional basketball player in Houston during his team’s first game of the 2015-2016 season.

That said, Khloe Kardashian looks back on her marriage fondly.

“I think I was so open and honest about my relationship with Lamar, which I don’t regret for a second,” Khloe Kardashian told Yahoo! Style‘s Joe Zee, according to a report by Us Weekly on November 3. “It was the best time of my life.”

“I’ve learned from experience you just never know what happens in life. I’ve chosen to keep things closer to my heart until I figure it out. I love hard, I love who I love, and I don’t make any qualms about it. And I can’t wait for that to happen.”

Although Khloe Kardashian will likely love Odom forever, it is Harden who has her interest romantically, and in a number of interviews, she has confirmed they are very much together, despite her ongoing dedication to Odom’s current recovery at the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. And while some men would have insecurities about their girlfriend having so much to do with another man, Khloe Kardashian claims Harden has been very supportive.

Throughout the last few seasons of Keeping Up With The Kardashians, Khloe Kardashian has been open with the ins and outs of her relationship with Odom, which seemed to develop into a friendship during Season 10.

“I had to explain I was going through a divorce. People appreciate that and relate to it,” Khloe Kardashian added.

For more Khloe Kardashian, tune into Keeping Up With The Kardashians Season 11, when the show returns to the E! Network on Sunday, November 15, at 9 p.m.

[Photo via Facebook]

Share this article: Khloe Kardashian Considered Quitting ‘KUWTK’ To Save Her Marriage To Lamar Odom
More from Inquisitr