Skyrim Patch 1.6 Adds In Mounted Combat, Fixes Bugs
If you just can’t wait for something new to come to Skyrim, you’ll be pleased to know that Bethesda announced that Skyrim patch 1.6 is now available on Xbox Live, with a release on PC and PlayStation 3 to follow shortly afterwards.
The primary focus of Skyrim patch 1.6 is to squash a number of bugs related to crashes, save corruption and things of that nature, but the patch also introduces a new game feature which we got a glimpse of in the Dawnguard trailer: mounted combat.
Speaking of Dawnguard, Bethesda said during E3 that Dawnguard beta invites should be heading out shortly. If you don’t get into the beta, don’t worry–Bethesda says that Dawnguard will likely be out on Xbox 360 June 26, with a PC/PlayStation 3 following a month later.
You can check out the Skyrim 1.6 patch notes below.
Skyrim patch 1.6 bug fixes
– General stability and memory optimizations.
– General AI pathfinding optimizations and bug fixes.
– Optimizations and crash fixes for data leaks.
– Fixed rare crash with lighting.
– Fixed crashes related to loading and saving games.
– Fixed crash with summoned creatures/NPCs.
– Fixed rare issue where saves would be corrupted.
– Improved logic for when ranged kill cams are played.
– Fixed issue with ranged kill cams while killing a dragon.
– Fixed rare issue with certain ranged kill cams not playing properly.
– Fixed issue with nirnroot lighting not properly cleaning up.
– Fixed issue where bow damage was being calculated incorrectly.
– Fixed rare problem with werewolf kill moves would not finish animating properly.
– In “The Break of Dawn” fixed rare issue where Meridia’s Beacon would disappear from player’s inventory.
– Fixed occasional issue where followers would disappear after player pays off a bounty after committing a crime.
– Fixed issue where certain creatures and NPCs would fail to respawn properly.
– Fixed rare issue with dialogue subtitles not displaying properly.
– Fixed issue with water appearing blurry when loading a saved game after creating a save underwater.
– Fixed issue where map cursor would occasionally disappear after closing a message box with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
– Fixed rare issue with shouts only performing the first level and not other unlocked levels with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).
– Fixed issue where the shout buttons would stop working properly if users mashed LB and RB during cooldown with Kinect enabled (Xbox 360).