Mother-Of-Three Suffered First-Degree Burns From McDonald’s Hot Beverage

When 44-year-old mother-of-three, Joanna Audoire went with a friend to her local McDonald’s branch for a hot drink while on a shopping trip, the last thing she expected was to suffer first-degree burns on her leg from a spilt cup of tea.

But when Audoire returned to her friend’s car and sat down with the tray, containing her cup of tea and a Coke for her friend, her hot beverage suddenly toppled over, burning her severely. She claims that the lid was not properly fitted on the cup.

As reported by the Daily Mail today, Audoire is now considering suing the fast food restaurant after medics told her she would be scarred for life.

When the victim – of what may have been negligence on the part of the McDonald’s employee who made the tea – removed her pants, the skin on her left thigh peeled off too, leaving her with a huge bubbling L-shaped burn the size of her hand.

Ms Audoire, from Broxbourne, Hertfordshire, in Britain said about the incident,

“I am seriously considering legal action for the time I have had to take off work and for the injury and trauma I have suffered. I was in immense pain. They need to take some responsibility for serving the tea as hot as that with a flimsy lid. When will they improve it? When a child is seriously burnt? It makes me cross. The lid couldn’t have been on properly, and I know tea is hot, but was it too hot on this occasion? I think it was. It was very very painful. It shouldn’t have happened.”

After the incident happened, Audoire said “I jumped out the car and was hopping around. At the time I had no idea the damage that had been caused. I got to work and I pulled my trousers down to go to the loo and it was horrible – the skin came off too,” she said.

A spokesman for McDonald‘s said they had launched an investigation into Ms Audoire’s claims and are treating the incident very “seriously.” In an official statement released to the press, McDonald’s said,

“We regret to hear that Ms Audoire sustained an injury following her visit to our restaurant. The safety and wellbeing of our customers and employees is our first priority and all of our restaurant crew are trained to serve hot drinks in a safe manner. We are treating this incident very seriously and following Ms Audoire’s recent contact with our Customer Services Department, we have launched a full investigation in to this matter. We continue to encourage an open dialogue with Ms Audoire regarding this matter.”

Share this article: Mother-Of-Three Suffered First-Degree Burns From McDonald’s Hot Beverage
More from Inquisitr