Warrant Singer Jani Lane Killed By Alcohol
The Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter confirmed on Wednesday that Warrant singer Jani Lane died of acute ethanol poisoning, more commonly referred to as alcohol poisoning, he was only 47-years-old.
Lane was found on August 11 in a San Fernando Valley hotel room and was pronounced dead shortly afterwards.
When examining the scene officials found a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription medication leading to speculation that he had died from a drug overdose.
When Lane’s body was found with the alcohol several of his friends announced that it was his drinking problem that likely lead to his death and not foul play or a drug overdose.
Lane’s friend and former rep Sullivan Brigg told E! during his passing that:
“It’s no secret that Jani’s had a difficult time for many years. Our genre of music has lost a real legend. I’ll miss him.”
The investigation will not be considered officially closed with another reminder that even rock legends who have taken part in the lifestyle for decades can succumb at anytime to drug and alcohol addiction.
Are you sad to hear about how Jani Lane died?