ScrewAttack Death Battles have been some of the most anticipated videos in years. Here are ten of the best ones ever made.
ScrewAttack is a website dedicated to taking video gaming journalism in video format to a level that’s entertaining, starring such massive successes as Angry Video Game Nerd starring James Rolfe, Death Battle, Top Ten lists, and Brentalfloss. Well, we’re going to combine two of these successes and give you the top ten Death Battle crossovers!
- Goku (Dragonball Z) vs Superman – These two were squared off because they both seem indestructible, and they’re both orphans from a dead world. Due to a technicality involving Superman’s moral code and Goku’s generous nature, Goku lost.
- Akuma (Super Street Fighter II Turbo) vs Shang Tsung (Mortal Kombat) – Akuma and Shang Tsung are the most notorious of their respective games for using arcane powers and dark ki to get the best of their opponents. However, Akuma won because Shang Tsung had to rely on other characters’ abilities to win, and Akuma was just stronger than all of them.
- Shao Kahn (Mortal Kombat II) vs M. Bison (Street Fighter II) – Both of these fighting game end bosses are known for being incredibly cheap and feared by newcomers to their respective games. Shao Kahn won this ScrewAttack Death Battle because of his ability to consume souls from a distance, and Bison tried to escape his body in a last-ditch effort.
- Luke Skywalker (Star Wars) vs Harry Potter – This duo shares the history of having been chosen almost from birth to be the saviors of their worlds, and learning the art of magic as a way of life. In the end, Luke Skywalker’s lightsaber got the best of the “boy who lived,” who couldn’t fend off the Force and the physical destructiveness of pure power at the same time.
- Batman vs Spider-Man – Even though Batman was once known to have defeated Superman, he needs time to prepare for such incredible feats. However, the fact that Batman has no super powers of his own fell under the superior speed and spider sense, as well as web-slinging, of his opponent.
- He-Man vs Lion-O (Thundercats) – The two ’80s cartoon stars bare not just muscle in an epic fight that ends when the Eternian barbarian shatters the Eye of Thundara, destroying not only the source of Lion-O’s strength, but also his life.
- Thor (Marvel’s Avengers) vs Raiden (Mortal Kombat) – Both of these warriors are known as gods of thunder, which meant their ScrewAttack Death Battle was inevitable. Thor was both stronger and immune to Raiden’s lightning attacks, and as a result, Raiden got torn in half and thrown into the Sun.
- Kratos (God of War) vs Spawn – These warriors were both summoned by dark forces to serve evil ends and turned on their masters, but not before losing everything. Spawn eventually won because Kratos couldn’t regenerate his physical body after being impaled.
- Link (The Legend of Zelda) vs Cloud (Final Fantasy VII) – The most iconic swordsmen in video game history, these two have taken down some of the most powerful enemies they’ve ever faced. Link won because his arsenal and battle know-how outshined Cloud’s brute force and dependence on magic.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Battle Royale – Leonardo beat his mutant brothers simply by being a master at twin swords and the tactical master of the group. Donatello may have been smarter, but being good with machines doesn’t make you a good fighter.
What do you think of the ten most epic ScrewAttack Death Battles? Which pairings would you like to see?