Posted in: Mobile

Samsung Galaxy Note Explodes, Injures Customer

Samsung Galaxy Note Explosion

A 55-year-old man in South Korea was injured after his Samsung Galaxy Note exploded. The smartphone was stored in the mans pocket when it suddenly ruptured and caused damage to his clothing and body. The customer was left with second-degree burns to his right thigh.

The phone’s explosion involved a spare battery, which may have contributed to the phones problems.

South Korean publication Chosun Ilbo gave very few details about the actual Galaxy Note explosion. The Bupyeong Fire Station in Incheon was called to the scene of the accident. The customer has not yet reported the explosion to Samsung. A company spokesman notes:

“Lithium ion batteries can catch fire due to external pressure or sudden changes in temperature, so we’re trying to understand what really happened.”

This is not the first time a Samsung smartphone explosion has been reported. A schoolboy reported a similar incident when his Samsung Galaxy S2 exploded in his pocket. Another user reported fire-related issues with their Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket.

Another customer in Ireland attempted to claim a phone explosion until it was discovered they had tried to dry their smartphone in the microwave.

Smartphone explosions, while few and far in-between, do happen. Apple, HTC, Motorola, Nokia, and other mobile phone manufacturers have all had their fair share of device overheating issues.

Does a Samsung Galaxy Note explosion scare you aware from the company’s smartphones?

Articles And Offers From The Web

Comments