IK Multimedia’s iRig HD doesn’t have a release date yet but the new product is already gaining some buzz. The iRig HD, an update to the company’s popular guitar interface for iOS, won an iLounge Best of Show award at CES 2013.
The original iRig plugged into the headphone jack which provided good, but not great, sound quality. The new iRig HD plugs into the Lightning or 30 pin dock on your iPhone of iPad which should make the set up a competitor against products like the Apogee Jam.
“As a deluxe version of IK Multimedia’s popular iRig guitar input, iRig HD ($99) is an enhanced, digital model. Recording artists can choose between included Dock Connector, Lightning Connector and USB interface cables for a variety of connectivity options, while a built-in 24-bit DAC and preamp gain control improve upon the already impressive audio quality of the prior version.”
Here are the specs for the iRig HD.
- Detachable cables for Lightning, 30 pin and USB connector compatibility
- Preamp gain control
- High-quality low-noise, high-definition preamp
- High-quality 24-bit A/D conversion
- Powered by the iOS device or USB
- Also works with line level signals from synthesizers, keyboards and mixers
- Ultra-compact and lightweight
The new iRig HD is expected to cost $99 and should be released later this year.