So after the final pre-season game and the final roster cuts we have the final 2009 NFL pre-season power rankings. Starting tomorrow we start keeping score for real.
1. Pittsburgh Steelers- They are the champs and look like a team that could go 14-2
2. New England Patriots- They look very strong, but it has been awhile since they won it all
3. Atlanta Falcons- This team looks very good indeed.
4. San Diego Chargers- Can this team finally put it all together?
5. Philadelphia Eagles- Can Donovan McNabb stay healthy or is the Mike Vick show?
6. New York Giants- They have big questions at receiver but are a solid team
7. Indianapolis Colts- With a new Coach can this tam return to the top of the mountain?
8. Tennessee Titans- Will they pick up where they left off?
9. Baltimore Ravens- a solid defense is this team’s best friend
10. Minnesota Vikings- as long as Favre plays they stay in the top ten
11. New Orleans Saints- This offense can score at will, but have big questions on defense
12. Dallas Cowboys- Will Tony Romo’s new girl cause a distraction?
13. Green Bay Packers- On their way up and play in a weak division
14. Carolina Panthers- Can this team play at a high level?
15. Chicago Bears- If Jay Cutler is the man they are better, if not worse
16. Arizona Cardinals- Can they repeat as Conference champs?
17. Houston Texans- look for them to go 9-7 and have their first winning season as a franchise
18. Washington Redskins- This team is probably trending downward
19. Miami Dolphins- lots of questions remain
20. Buffalo Bills- Fire their OC in the final week of the pre-season
21. New York Jets- they play in a tough division, but may be on an up trend
22. San Francisco 49ers- They still need a starting QB
23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- There seems to be little faith in this club
24. Jacksonville Jaguars- David Garrard has to step up
25. Seattle Seahawks- probably are outside of their window for a title
26. Denver Broncos- This team is just a mess
27. Cleveland Browns- Quinn will start, but there is little else to be hopeful about
28. Kansas City Chiefs- They fired their OC and have big offensive questions
29. Cincinnati Bengals- Andre Smith reports, and then breaks his foot. At least he wasn’t arrested
30. St. Louis Rams- Are in rebuilding mode
31. Oakland Raiders- They traded for DE Richard Seymour, but he has yet to report
32. Detroit Lions- They continually make the wrong decisions