The Super Bowl 2016 date is coming up fast, and who would not want to watch the NFL streaming action on a glorious 4K TV? The best 4K TV deals and sales are happening now, according to reports, and eBay, Target, Amazon, and Walmart TV deals are leading the pack.
The TV Super Bowl deals actually may rival Black Friday 2016 in many ways. According to FatWallet, an annual TV shopping study reveals that 26 percent of Americans plan on buying a new TV in 2016. It is expected that the TV Super Bowl sales will be more than the 2015 Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and Christmas sales combined.
- 25 percent percent of American will buy a new TV during Super Bowl sales (up 47 percent from 2015)
- 18 percent will buy during Black Friday (down 40 percent from 2015)
- four percent during Cyber Monday
- seven percent during December/Christmas sales
- the remainder plan on buying TV deals at other times of the year
While Many shoppers plan on shopping Walmart and Target stores in person looking for a good deal, it was also found that 25 percent will buy their new TV online or via mobile this year (30 percent of males vs. only 18 percent of females).
“Consumers are getting more comfortable buying their big screen TVs online,” stated Brent Shelton, a FatWallet online shopping expert. “Early Super Bowl sales offer shoppers an opportunity to save an average of 20% or more on high-end TV clearance in January, and get them delivered in time the Big Game.”
RELATED STORIES BY THE INQUISITR
As might be expected, the biggest determining factor is the 4K TV price. Nearly half of those surveyed (46 percent) will be making their decision solely based upon the best deals, whereas 36 percent are focused on features and 18 percent want the best brand names like Samsung and Sony.
— FatWallet.com (@fatwallet) January 22, 2016
In order to help your search, here are some of the best TV deals leading up to Super Bowl 2016 at this time.
- [eBay] LG 60″ 4K 120Hz Smart LED HDTV (60UF7300) for $899.99 with Free Shipping
- [Walmart] LG 55UF6450 55″ 4K Ultra HD 2160p 120Hz Smart HDTV (4K x 2K) for $698
- [Amazon] 60″ Samsung UN60JU7090 4K UHD 3D Smart LED HDTV for $997.99 with Free Shipping
- [Best Buy] 60″ Samsung UN60JU7090 4K UHD 3D Smart LED HDTV for $999.99 with Free Shipping
To put these 2016 Super Bowl TV deals into perspective, here some of the Black Friday 2015 TV deals. Once you account for certain TV feature differences (60Hz vs 120Hz), you can see the current deals are actually comparable to the best Black Friday deals from the fall.
- [Best Buy] Vizio 50-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $599.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 60-inch 60Hz LED HDTV for $697.99
- [Target] Samsung 60-inch 120Hz LED HDTV for $697.99
- [Walmart] LG 55-inch 4K Ultra HD TV For $698 ($300 savings)
- [Target] Samsung 55-inch 120Hz Smart 4K TV for $797.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 60-inch 60Hz 4K TV for $799.99
- [Walmart] Vizio 70-inch Smart LED HDTV for $898
- [Walmart] Samsung 55-inch Class Curved Smart 4K Ultra HD TV for $998 ($200 savings)
- [Best Buy] Vizio 65-inch 120Hz 4K TV for $999.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 55-inch 60Hz Smart 4K TV for $999.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 60-inch 60Hz Smart 4K TV for $1,299.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 55-inch 120Hz 3D Smart 4K TV for $1,499.99
- [Best Buy] Samsung 65-inch 120Hz 3D Smart 4K TV for $1,999.99
There is one caveat to keep in mind while you are shopping. If you are hoping to do NFL 4K streaming or NFL 4K via cable or satellite TV, keep in mind that the NFL has not announced any plans for a 2016 Super Bowl 4K broadcast. Some media companies like Fox Sports have discussed shooting the big game using 4K cameras, but so far, nothing is official.
For 4K TV owners wanting to watch Super Bowl 2016 in 4K resolution, that’s a yellow flag if anything. Still, at this point, it’s best to purchase a 4K TV deal since 1080p is already old hat and companies are even talking about the 8K resolution.
[Image via Shutterstock]