Hell In A Cell is on the way, and all the action is happening in just a couple of days. WWE is bringing a full card to the fans, but there is so much that isn’t known. There are a lot of rumors as to what could happen on Sunday, and right now, some of them are quite huge and far-fetched. Then again, this is WWE, and anything is bound to happen.
It’s time to look at the top 10 rumors currently going around about this weekend’s Pay-Per-View, and one is a possible legend coming out of nowhere to win a title.
1. The Rock will win the U.S. Title – Yes, there is now a rumor floating around that The Rock could be John Cena’s mystery opponent and win the title. As exciting as that may sound, it doesn’t make much sense since Cena is giving up the belt while he’s out for two months.
It’s not like The Rock will be around enough to defend it often. Some of these other rumored superstars seem more feasible to challenge for the U.S. Title.
2. Dean Ambrose sets his sights on the Intercontinental Title – Yes, rumor has it that Ambrose is going to show up at Hell In A Cell even though he doesn’t have a match anymore. Now, he wants the Intercontinental Title, which will likely be retained by Kevin Owens.
3. Ronda Rousey will be there and film an angle – It’s not truly known if Ronda Rousey will still have a role at WrestleMania 32, but Cageside Seats says she will. With Rousey having a fight scheduled in November, it’s doubtful she will have time to get involved with WWE at this time.
4. John Cena could lose the U.S. Title – With Cena’s two-month hiatus from WWE quickly approaching, this is going to happen. It could happen on Sunday or the following evening on Monday Night Raw during one of Cena’s last appearances before he’s gone for a while.
5. Tyler Breeze has his first match as a member of the main roster – WWE is never against giving new talent a big platform to be showcased. As recapped by WWE.com, Breeze made his debut last night on SmackDown, and he even has the backing of Triple H.
— Triple H (@TripleH) October 22, 2015
6. Sheamus cashing in his MITB briefcase – Look at this as one of the least likely things to happen as it’s just not time. Stranger things have happened in the past, though.
7. Dolph Ziggler is turning full-on heel – This had a little more fire to it when Ziggler was rumored to be John Cena’s mystery opponent. He still could do that, but he’s also in the six-man tag match for the kickoff and turning heel then won’t do much good. Having Ziggler come out and cost Cena the title would be good too.
8. Roman Reigns’ mega-push begins again – Last year, Roman Reigns was pushed to the moon with a Royal Rumble win and a shot at the WWE Title in the main event at WrestleMania 31. Speculation has him ending up there again in 2016, and it may all begin this Sunday with a huge win over Bray Wyatt in the cell.
9. The Dudley Boyz win the WWE Tag Titles – The New Day really doesn’t need the titles to stay one of the hottest things in wrestling, and the Dudleys winning the titles after their big return would be rather iconic.
1o. Vince McMahon has “big” plans – It isn’t exactly known what, but something big is supposed to be coming to Hell In A Cell from Vince McMahon. Rumor has it that it will happen during the match between Brock Lesnar and The Undertaker, and it could set up the next big feud for the “Beast Incarnate.”
The card for Hell In A Cell is known, but the exact results of the matches, and the surprises that could end up taking place are not. WWE could shock the world and bring back The Rock to win the U.S. Title or “Stone Cold” Steve Austin could start a feud with Brock Lesnar or Tyler Breeze could have his first main event match. Maybe none of that will happen as they are all just rumors, but fans can only watch and see.
[Images via WWE]