Asus Releasing Two New Tablets In 2012, Fast And Pretty Fast
Asus, one of the World’s largest manufacturers of PC hardware and electronics, is releasing two new tablets for 2012. The tablet market continues to heat up as more and more are introduced and will be throughout 2012.
Towards the end of 2011, Asus introduced the Transformer Prime which is easily the most powerful Android tablet currently available. It features a quad core chip, something that we will soon see in smartphones.
The two tablets will be the Transformer Prime TF700T and the MeMO which is a smaller form factor than the Prime. One will be running a quad core chip and larger screen while the latter will run a dual core processor and feature a smaller display.
Specs for the Transformer Prime TF700T:
- 10.1 inch display
- 1,920×1200 Full HD Super IPS+ display
- Strong and scratch proof Gorilla glass
- 1.2GHZ quad core processor
- Amount of RAM not stated, but we’d say 1GB is very likely
- 32GB or 64GB of storage
- 2 megapixel front facing camera
- Wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS built-in
Specs for the MeMO:
- 7 inch IPS display
- 1280×800 resolution
- 1.2GHZ dual core processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16 or 32GB of storage
- 1.2 megapixel front facing camera, 5 megapixel rear facing camera
- Ability to shoot 1080P video
- Wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS onboard
Prices for the Transformer Prime TF700T start at $599 for the 32GB model and $699 for the 64GB model. The pricing is very competitive with the iPad 2 and while not only with beefier hardware and better display, will be running Android 4.0, the latest version.
Pricing for the 7 inch MeMO tablet hasn’t been announced yet.