John Krasinski is well-known for his role as Jim Halpert on The Office, but he has also starred in 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.
This year he was called upon to help announce the nominees for the Academy Awards, alongside Ang Lee and Guillermo del Toro.
Oscar Nominations 2016: John Krasinski, Guillermo Del Toro & Ang Lee to Announce https://t.co/ahpDbHd5MD pic.twitter.com/VYh3rUoyIHBut everyone wants to know the little-known facts about their favorite celebrities, so here are some facts about John Krasinski.
— StarWatchByline (@SWByline) January 13, 2016
1. Moviefone reports that before he got his big break in acting, John Krasinski worked as a script intern for Late Night With Conan O'Brien.
2. He might be 6'3" tall, but he is the shortest out of himself and his three brothers.
3. The first time John Krasinski acted, it was in his fifth grade production of Annie, in which he played the role of Daddy Warbucks.
4. John Krasinski is sort of related to Stanley Tucci because Krasinski's wife, Emily Blunt, is Tucci's sister-in-law. There is no blood relation, but they are still family through marriage.
5. Bustle reports that the shots shown during the opening credits of The Office were done by John Krasinski. As soon as he knew he had been cast in the series, he took a video camera and some friends and filmed the opening shots.
6. John Krasinski knew his The Office co-star, B.J. Novak long before the show. They grew up together and played on the same Little League team. Novak jokingly takes credit for Krasinski's acting career.
"I think John started acting as a direct result of my casting him in the senior show. So technically, he has me to thank for all of this, right?"
BJ Novak (Ryan) and John Krasinski (Jim) as high-schoolers pic.twitter.com/kVGLQFysoQ7. Apparently, Jenna Fischer knew that she and John Krasinski should be cast together as Jim and Pam after they read together at the audition. When she found out he had been cast for the role, she cried.
— Glen Thomas (@Glenthusiast) February 5, 2014
"When they called me and said I got the role, I said, 'Who's Jim – did you cast John Krasinski?' They said, 'Yes' and I started crying because I knew it would be good. And I mean this honestly – I can't do Pam without him. In the way you need the right partner to have a great marriage, I needed the right costar to have this relationship."
John Krasinski reacts to Jenna Fischer saying that #TheOffice pair was "genuinely in love": https://t.co/e5lWE45bdo pic.twitter.com/b7KYwulHCf8. TV Guide reports that John Krasinski took time off before going to college to teach English in Costa Rica.
— Us Weekly (@usweekly) January 27, 2016
9. John Krasinski's character's parents in License to Wed were Krasinski's real-life parents.
10. People reports that despite his incredible acting career, John Krasinski has another life-long dream to fulfill.
"I want to start a Dunkin' Donuts in Los Angeles. I already have the perfect location picked out. It would be the old Tower Records buildings on Sunset."11. Apparently, John Krasinski and his Leatherheads director and co-star, George Clooney, played one-on-one basketball and Krasinski lost.
"He just gave me that PEOPLE's Sexiest Man Alive smile – it stuns you for a second – and that's all he needed."
12. People reports that John Krasinski does not have any desire to leave television for film, despite his success on the big screen.
"There is not even an inkling. It's given me everything. The fact that I could go do a movie and then 'come home' to this? That's the best of both worlds."13. Mandy Moore, who starred in License to Wed with Krasinski, said she had a hard time making the movie because she couldn't keep a straight face around Krasinski.
14. Prior to getting together with Emily Blunt, John Krasinski said he would love a real-life romance like the one Jim has with Pam on The Office.
"Yes, please! It's not about celebrity or not. It's all about, do you have that 'girl in a cardigan' in you. You gotta have that."[Photo by Matt Winkelmeyer / Getty Images]