In American Horror Story: Hotel, Lily Rabe will take on the role that Charlize Theron made famous in her Oscar-winning movie, Monster (2003). Aileen Wuornos was a woman who killed seven men in Florida during a short span of time between 1989 and 1990. Series creator Ryan Murphy says Lily Rabe’s character will play a big part in the Halloween episode of American Horror Story: Hotel.
“Our Halloween episode this year is called Devil’s Night. I’m directing it. Lily Rabe is coming to that episode, and she’s playing Aileen Wuornos, which is really bizarre. She’s at the centerpiece of that Halloween episode, and that’s who she’s playing.”
Aileen Wuornos was convicted of murdering all those men but maintained she had done so in self-defense after they attacked her first while she was working as a prostitute. It will be interesting to see how closely this story line will be followed or whether the fact that so many of the male lead cast in this year’s season of American Horror Story look so similar will come into play with how Lily Rabe’s version of Aileen Wuornos picked her victims.
The cast for American Horror Story: Hotel also include:
- Lady Gaga as Elizabeth, the owner of the hotel
- Sarah Paulson as Hypodermic Sally, a permanent resident of the hotel and nemesis of Iris
- Kathy Bates as Iris, the manager of the hotel
- Angela Bassett as Ramona Royale, an actress
- Wes Bentley as John Lowe, a detective investigating foul play in the hotel
- Matt Bomer as Donovan, a resident of Hotel Cortez
- Chloë Sevigny as Alex Lowe, a doctor and John’s wife
- Denis O’Hare as Liz Taylor, a bar worker in the hotel
- Cheyenne Jackson as Will Drake, a fashion icon
- Evan Peters as Mr. March
- Finn Wittrock as Tristan Duffy, a male model
- Max Greenfield as an addict
- Emma Roberts
- Richard T. Jones as Detective Hahn
- Helena Mattsson
- Naomi Campbell as Claudia Bankson, a fashion editor
- Mädchen Amick as a mother whose son is ailing
American Horror Story: Hotel will premiere in October 2015 on FX.
Are you excited about American Horror Story: Hotel? Do you think Lily Rabe’s performance of Aileen Wuornos will just be as good as Charlize Theron’s interpretation? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below!
[Image credits: HBO / Wikipedia Commons / Virgin Media / Media 8 Entertainment]