Stepmother Of Missing Boy Kyron Horman Leaves Job, Denied Anti-Stalking Orders And Name Changes

Terri Horman, the stepmother of the missing boy Kyron Horman, has left her job as a mental health support specialist after a judge rejected her anti-stalking order for a woman who put up missing posters about Kyron around Terri’s workplace.

Kyron Horman went missing in June of 2010. His stepmother, Terri, was the last person to see him when she dropped him off at his school in Portland, Oregon. Police have not named her as a suspect and Terri has denied any involvement in his disappearance.

Terri Horman has worked for a nonprofit group, Shangri-La Corp., since December. The group gives residential care to adults who suffer from mental illnesses, according to the Associated Press.

Shangri-La CEO Karen Rutledge said Horman met all expectations and showed care toward others.

“She indicated to me that she wants nothing but the best for the people we served. She performed her job to our expectations and showed compassion to people with special needs.”

Horman asked for an anti-stalking order against a woman from Washington on Wednesday. Lane County Judge Charles Carlson denied the order against Stacey Green, an online advocate for Kyron Horman. Terri feared that Stacey’s actions were escalating. In addition to posting missing-child posters around Horman’s workplace, Green has written messages online regarding Terri’s job.

“I will promise Terri one thing! She won’t have a job long!”

Green runs Facebook and Twitter accounts pointing the finger to Terri as a suspect in the Kyron Horman case.

Kyron Horman
Age progression photo of Kyron Horman.

According to The Register-Guard, it was not known whether Terri Moulton Horman left her job voluntarily or was forced to leave it, but Rutledge said on Friday that Horman “recognized the impact her employment had on Shangri-La since it was made public earlier this month” that she was working there.

Horman has also petitioned to change her name several times to start a new life. Last year she tried to change her name to Claire Stella Sullivan, but the judge denied her request. Horman claimed she hadn’t been able to get a job in four years and received threats under her current name.

Horman withdrew her name change request in Lane County last year because she claimed she feared the actions of Stacey Green.

A Douglas county judge would not approve of the name change because “it was not in the public interest,” according to the Associated Press.

[Photo by KATU]