These Xbox One games are not only on their way in 2014, but also Xbox One exclusive.
The next gen console war is almost at its climax, and the competition is fierce. Most gamers buying a new console this holiday season are going with the PlayStation 4, while Microsoft has its own merits with the Xbox One.
As previously reported by The Inquisitr, those planning on the Xbox One are no doubt sold on the improved Kinect, the haptic feedback controllers, and the Xbox One exclusives. Right off the bat, the console is getting the multiplayer epic Titanfall, Killer Instinct, and the apparent reboot sequel Forza Motorsport 5.
However, the Xbox One is being advertised as “the future” of gaming, so let’s look beyond the holiday season into next year. 2014 is when the Xbox One games will start to take better advantage of the new hardware as developers find new ways to push the graphics beyond what we’ve already seen.
The Xbox One exclusives being released in 2014 are:
- Below – This swords and sorcery title won’t break any ground visually, but the idea is that it introduces nostalgic gameplay with the concept of permanent death. You defy the mounting odds as you make your way into the heart of a cave.
- Cobalt – This is a side-scrolling Xbox One game from the developers behind Minecraft, this time going with the action puzzle route.
- D4 – This episodic murder mystery takes its graphics to the next level as you venture through the flow of time itself and explore the dark side of your character’s persona.
- Fable Legends – This RPG sequel will break new ground for the series, in that it utilizes a five-player scenario combined with deeper context and greater detail. The multiplayer concept involves four heroes and a villain.
- Fantasia: Music Evolved – Disney’s interactive musical experience bridges the gap between the avid gamer and the child who just wants something to watch. Involving some of the biggest names in music today, you control the music as you play.
- Halo 5 – The science fiction shooter that made the Xbox consoles a must-own is coming back. Chances are that this game is the reason you’re buying an Xbox One.
- Kinect Sports Rivals – With the new and improved Kinect, Microsoft has more to work with as they take what made the Wii famous and eliminate the need to actually have anything in your hands. One full body scan and you’re ready to go in this Xbox One game.
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood – The main character in this game makes a wish and accidentally gets it granted as his brother is abducted into another dimension, and now has to save him.
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare – The next chapter in the ever-popular PC title will feature 24-player gameplay and four-player co-op.
- Project Spark – Known primarily as a “build your own” style game, this title lets you get creative and possibly even show the professionals how it’s done.
- Quantum Break – An out of control scientific experiment threatens the very fabric of our universe, and you control three different characters possibly responsible for the coming cataclysm as they attempt to make it right.
- Sunset Overdrive – This action-packed open world title appears to be taking a hint from Assassin’s Creed with its parkour-inspired travel mechanics as you take your selected hero through a city overrun with mutants.
These Xbox One exclusive games alone could keep you busy well into the next few years. Which title or titles are you most excited about?