Harry Styles

Harry Styles Shows Off New Haircut And British Military Uniform On The Dunkirk Set

Harry Styles looks good in uniform. The One Direction singer was photographed in British Military dress on the set of his upcoming movie, Dunkirk. Styles had to cut off all of his hair for the role which caused a lot of turmoil in the One Direction fandom.

When the first pictures of Harry’s new look went public, he was wearing a hat. But now One Direction fans can see his new do in all its glory.

Dunkirk is being directed by Christopher Nolan. The plot revolves around the true story of the evacuation of the titular French city during World War II’s Battle for France in 1940. As History.com notes, over 335,000 French, Belgian and British troops were saved from the Nazi soldiers who surrounded them. The evacuation of Dunkirk is to this day the largest military evacuation of its time.

Dunkirk has a pretty strong team of actors working alongside Harry too. The film also stars Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Kenneth Branagh and Oscar-winner Mark Rylance, and is set to be released on July 21, 2017, according to People Magazine.

People Magazine reports that the details around Harry Styles’ role in Dunkirk is being kept secret for now. However, some sneaky photographers took shots of Styles wearing a bloody bandage, so it looks as if his character definitely gets injured in some way.

Harry Styles broke the news that he had cut his hair via a cryptic Instagram post of a hand holding a long brown braid of hair. He captioned the photo: “Whoops #littleprincesstrust.” Little Princess Trust is the name of the charity Harry donated his hair to. They make wigs for children who are going through chemotherapy.

Whoops. #Littleprincesstrust

A photo posted by @harrystyles on

Now that Harry is taking on major film roles, many are questioning whether he will return to One Direction. The group announced that they were on hiatus last year and one member, Zayn Malik, has already left the group for good.

Unreality TV reports that there are also rumors of bad blood among the boy band members. There are claims that Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson can’t stand each other and haven’t spoken since the boys went their separate ways last year. The Sun also reported that Harry Styles had said that he wanted off of Simon Cowell’s Syco label which all of the other One Direction members are on.

The report in The Sun claims that Harry is in the middle of a bidding war between Universal and Sony. The news outlet reports that Universal offered Styles a lucrative deal which, if he accepted, would see him move from Syco to Capitol Records. Artists like Katy Perry, Beck, The Beach Boys and The Eagles are all signed to Capitol.

Capitol Records is run by top British record executive, Steve Barnett, who became acquainted with Harry during the launch of the One Direction spin-off band, 5 Seconds of Summer. The Sun reports that Sony is bending over backwards to keep Styles on their roster, triggering a huge bidding war between two colossal record companies.

“Harry is being offered so many incentives to stay. They’re breaking the bank for him,” said an alleged inside source to The Sun.

All of this news is fueling fears that One Direction will never make music together ever again.

But, according to Simon Cowell, One Direction fans have nothing to worry about. Cowell gave a TV interview to E! News where he insisted that the members of One Direction, including Harry Styles, are just investing their time in solo projects at the moment.

“They’re all doing their own thing at the moment,” Cowell told E! News. “Harry’s doing a movie. Liam is now dating Cheryl and he’s writing songs for some of our artists. Louis, I saw a couple weeks ago. He did something with me recently on the show, which will come out. Niall, I got a text from last night. So everyone’s in a good place.”

When asked about whether the One Direction hiatus will come to an end, Cowell said, “Eventually, I think, yeah.”

[Photo by Jason Merritt/ Getty Images]

Comments