WWE Rumors: Former NJPW Star Confirms He Is Heading To WWE — Will Another Star Follow?
wwe rumors karl anderson njpw doc gallows

WWE Rumors: Former NJPW Star Confirms He Is Heading To WWE — Will Another Star Follow?

AJ Styles made his long-awaited debut in WWE at the Royal Rumble, and this came after he finished up with New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW). Shinsuke Nakamura will make his debut in NXT in about a month at NXT Takeover: Dallas, since he has finished up with NJPW. Now, it appears as if two more stars from NJPW are heading to WWE soon and Karl Anderson has already announced and confirmed it.

A Japanese wrestling reporter by the name of Enuhito got on his Twitter account and began detailing the finish of Karl Anderson’s time in NJPW. Many thought that he would be heading over to WWE at the end of his deal with NJPW in February. Now, it seems that information was correct.

Anderson and his Bullet Club tag team partner wrestled on Friday night, and now it appears they are both done although Anderson is the only one who said something. While Doc Gallows has not given word either way, it seems to only be a matter of time.

Karl Anderson said that “NJPW fans are the best fans in the world,” according to Enuhito. Anderson would also tell the fans that he hopes to get back in that ring someday and win the IWGP heavyweight championship; but, for now, he has to “go to find real who I am and to be a big star.”

Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson have defeated the Briscoes the day before, and after what was reportedly their last performance in Japan. They paid tribute.

Now, it’s not known exactly when the former Bullet Club members will debut with the company or whether they will start in NXT or head directly to the WWE main roster.

Styles came over from NJPW and started directly on the WWE main roster without any kind of run in NXT at all. As reported by WWE.com, Shinsuke Nakamura has also finished up with NJPW and is going to make his company debut in NXT.

nxt rumors wwe shinsuke nakamura
[Image via WWE]
He’s going to make his debut at NXT Takeover: Dallas during the weekend of WrestleMania 32, and he’s going to face off against Sami Zayn. In that same announcement, WWE once again touched on the rumors of Doc Gallows and Karl Anderson returning to America.

Gallows has spent time in WWE before, and he was actually with the company from 2005 into 2010 in a number of different roles. He was in Deep South Wrestling before being the “Impostor Kane” and then Festus before appearing for the last year as Luke Gallows.

Anderson has never spent time in WWE and this will be the first time the 36-year-old has made it to the ring for the company. He and Gallows have wrestled together in NJPW, Ring of Honor, Global Force Wrestling, and all over the world.

WWE has yet to make any sort of official announcement for Gallows or Anderson, like they did with Styles and Nakamura. It’s thought that deals, or agreed upon deals, have been in place since early January when WWE actually acknowledged the rumors publicly.

Many believe this is the start of WWE’s version of the Bullet Club, which will be called Balor Club, but that remains to be seen.

Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows have officially finished their time in New Japan Pro Wrestling and their current run there is over. Anderson has revealed he is heading to WWE and it seems like only a matter of time until Gallows does the same.

[Image via New Japan Pro Wrestling]

Comments