Now that Grand Theft Auto V is out on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the anticipation for Heists has grown once again. A recent leak has revealed a possibly release date for the long-delayed GTA Online mode, plus Holiday DLC. This leak is so serious that the originator had his PlayStation Network account banned, and another had his YouTube account suspended.
The GTA V Heists leak comes via known modder NillxModz. The hacker accessed the files as part of the December 8 patch to the game and began mining them for future content. What he discovered was a Holiday themed DLC coming that will put snow on the ground in Los Santos (via Se7ensins).
The Holiday DLC release appears to be set for December 23. It’s not clear if Heists will be available at that same time. Rockstar Games previously stated that Heists would appear as part of the first post-PS4 and Xbox One release update. However, it previously indicated that the new mode wouldn’t be available until next year as Inquisitr reported.
These leaks have apparently put NillxModz and others under the watchful eye of Take-Two Interactive and Rockstar Games though. NillxModz had its PSN account banned while YouTube personality DomIsLive saw his YouTube account terminated.
— NillxModz (@NillxModz) December 12, 2014
My Youtube account has been terminated, I’ll contact my network and find out what happened.
— DomisLive (@Domislive) December 12, 2014
So what was it that caused these bans to happen? The following information on Heists.
- Heist (Planning Board) layout update for both High-End apartment interiors. This will be available across all platforms.
- Brand new ‘Heist’ selection menu featuring it’s own Social Club-based leaderboard and misc options showing the list of un-completed Heist missions). This will be available across all platforms.
- 34 Texture Modifications to 4 different locations, this is in favour of added effect during Heist missions. This will be available across all platforms but the texture detail is improved on current-generation.
- 6 Heist missions in 4 unique locations.
- 5 Cops and Crooks missions in 4 unique locations.
- Improved anti-cheat methods. Some code for this is included in the DLC, but is not associated with the Heist feature itself.
- Three brand new vehicles. The names of these vehicles are still identified by their Dev tag and are not yet finalized but the approximate vehicle class is; Sports Classic and Sports.
- Brand new Apartment – CCTV function with two AI-characters in your apartment running them. This feature is available for current-generation only.
- Three Heist-themed clothing items – these items are still identified by their Dev tag but are the following types; Special Outfit (available from the counter).
- Two Cops and Crooks-themed masks. These mask items are available in current-generation only.
- BZ Gas will now be purchasable from Ammu-Nation but can only be used in Heist missions – you are responsible for stocking-up on these and if you run out, your team mates will need to complete that objective for you.
- 5 new hairstyles – these are still identified by their Dev tag.
- 2 new contact lenses – these are still identified by their Dev tag.
- Additional matchmaking for Heist missions between Crews – this is a feature implemented in 1.17 but will be activated in 1.19/1.05.
- A new phone contact named ‘Jeff’ will be available, offering a chance to resurrect a killed-off Crew member during your Heist operation. The voice of this contact or any other options associated are still unknown at this point.
- Last-generation players will have the option to ‘Email’ other Crew members about your planned Heist mission, whoever emails you a Heist plan will be the leader of the operation.
- Current-generation players will have the option to ‘Email’ other Crew members about your planned Heist mission and have the ability to print those out in your Apartment and store in your documents, whoever emails you a Heist plan will be the leader of the operation.
- All players will have the ability to use their Heist planning board in order to select a location, chosen online-Crew members and their role and the length of time before the Heist request expires from their ‘Email’ app on their phone.
- 4 new audio files, relating to the Heist missions. These are identified as an alarm bell, the sound of a vault opening, sirens and a background track.
Sound off in the comments below on what you think of this Heists information.
[Images via Rockstar Games]