X-Men: Days of Future Past will have a lot of new and returning faces, but Stan Lee won’t be one of them.
Stan Lee has almost been a staple in Marvel Comics superhero movies from their high-budget beginnings. Starting all the way back with The Trial of the Incredible Hulk, the man behind the myths has been making cameos in nearly every film, no matter which studio was making them. Here’s a quick recap of Stan Lee’s more notable appearances:
- The Trial of the Incredible Hulk – Stan Lee was the jury foreman.
- X-Men – He was the hot dog vendor when Senator Kelly walked out of the ocean.
- Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2 – He was a bystander in one of the big battles.
- Daredevil – He was the man who almost walked out into traffic when a young Matt Murdock stopped him with his cane.
- Fantastic Four – He was the postman.
- Spider-Man 3 – Stan Lee has a chat with Peter Parker at the beginning.
- Iron Man and Iron Man 2 – Tony Stark mistakes him for Hugh Hefner, and again for Larry King.
- The Incredible Hulk – He drinks a beverage contaminated with Bruce Banner’s blood, actually contributing to a major plot point.
- The Avengers – Stan Lee plays an old man being interviewed on TV who doesn’t believe the Avengers are even real.
- The Amazing Spider-Man – He plays a librarian who is completely oblivious to the room being destroyed right behind him as he listens to an MP3 player.
X-Men: Days of Future Past won’t be the first movie that Stan Lee isn’t making a cameo in, as scheduling conflicts also kept him from appearing in X-Men 2 and both Wolverine films. He may have created superheroes, but he himself isn’t one, so he can’t be everywhere.
On his potential appearance in X-Men: Days of Future Past, Stan Lee stated at the Toronto fan expo, “I have bad news for you. I was supposed to be in Montreal today, doing the cameo for X-Men – the new X-Men movie. But I said, ‘No, I’m going to visit my friends in Toronto instead’.”
Basically, Stan Lee is not going to let a movie cameo get in the way of just enjoying life and entertaining his fans, so you eagle-eyed moviegoers shouldn’t look for him in X-Men: Days of Future Past.
[image via s_bukley / Shutterstock.com]