Terrorists murdered Sean Smith, her son, and three other Americans -- Ambassador Christopher Stevens and former Navy SEALS Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods -- on September 11, 2012, at the US embassy compound in Benghazi, Libya. Since then, Mrs. Smith has been unable to get a straight answer from the administration as to exactly what happened. Congressional investigating committees have encountered the same problem in trying to get to the bottom of it.
US officials originally blamed the attack on a YouTube video, a claim that has since been discredited.
In an interview on FNC last night with Greta Van Susteren, Smith said she still wants to know why there was inadequate security at the US facility and why higher-ups issued stand-down orders when rescue teams were ready to go.
Smith didn't mince words when she referred to the phony scandal claim as "totally disgusting... you don't expect your president to tell you lies like that right to your face..."
She added that President Obama, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, and other government officials told her the attack resulted from the video even though "they knew that was not true."
Said Smith about what she considered a Benghazi cover-up "I don't trust [Clinton], I don't trust the administration, and I've been proven over and over again that they all lied."
Earlier this month, US Rep. Frank Wolf claimed that that some survivors of the Benghazi attack were asked to sign confidentiality agreements that would prevent them from speaking about the incident to congressional investigators.
The news media in general has been unwilling to hold the administration's feet to the fire about Benghazi, a sharp contrast to what would have been their aggressive response had it occurred under the George W. Bush administration.
Do you think the American people will ever get the truth about what happened in Benghazi?