Electrocuted By iPhone: Bride-To-Be Dies Answering Phone Call

Relatives of Ma Ailun,23, living in the city of Changji in China alleged that their daughter was electrocuted and died while answering a call on her iPhone. The incident occurred when Ma tried to answer a call as her phone was being re-charged.

Her sister posted on Sina Weibo (the Chinese version of Twitter): ‘I hope that Apple inc. can give us an explanation. I also hope that all of you will refrain from using your mobile devices while charging.’

She told the Xinhua news agency that her sister, a former flight attendant with China Southern Airlines, had bought the phone in December at an official apple store.

It is reported that this post has gone viral, which is not great news for Apple. The problem with all situations like this, is that the allegation gets wide publicity before the facts are established.

Police confirmed that the girl was electrocuted. However, they were not able to determine if there was any connection to her use of the phone. Ma’s sister said that the family would be looking for justice from Apple.

Apple responded by issuing a statement which says that they felt “deeply sorry for the unfortunate accident. They also said that they would fully co-operate with the local polices investigators

This incident comes less than a week after the China Daily reported on another accident with an iPhone.

On July 9, an iPhone 4, belonging to Mr Wang Kai of Chongqing,exploded while he was sleeping and burnt his carpet. Apple said that were checking whether user error was to blame. Meanwhile, Apple investors will want to know what effect this latest incident will have on the value of their shares!

[Photo credit: Yu Xiao/Asianewsphoto. Video courtesy: Newsbreaker]