New details surrounding Pokemon X and Y have been revealed for the evil team and Legendary Pokemon!
It’s that time again. It’s time to break out your Pokeballs and catch all of the new info surrounding the 3DS’ upcoming killer title Pokemon X and Y!
In previous reveals here on The Inquisitr, we revealed the new stomping grounds based on the layout of France, and a mount named Gogoat which lets you go where you normally can’t on foot. We also revealed a possessed sword with a sentient blue cloth that apparently won’t let you wield it if it doesn’t deem you worthy, basically making it the Pokemon equivalent of Thor’s hammer. We also revealed that there is a new Fairy-type Pokemon class which is super effective against Dragon-types.
Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, let’s introduce five new monsters in Pokemon X and Y:
- Goronda is a Fighting/Dark-type Pokemon evolved from Pancham, the resident Kung Fu panda.
- Maika is a Dark/Psychic squid joining the Rotation Pokemon squad. Its Turn Over move reverses changes to stats, and it has an evolution called Karamanero, a Dark/Psychic-type Pokemon with the powers of Hypnosis.
- Shushup is a Fairy-type Pokemon, a pink bird that uses Perfume type attacks. It has healing abilities and is exclusive to Pokemon Y.
- Peroppafu is another Fairy-type Pokemon, basically using Cotton Candy for its ability list. This one is exclusive to Pokemon X.
Now we come to the Legendary Pokemon. These are the gods of the Pokemon X and Y crowd, and the actual reasons for the X and Y in the titles.
- Xerneas uses a Fairy Aura ability and a special move called Geo Control.
- Yveltal uses Dark Aura and a special move called Death Wing.
Due to their importance, we can probably expect them to only show up in their respectively named versions of the game. At the risk of sounding presumptuous, one wonders if there won’t be a Pokemon Z with a third Legendary Pokemon.
The evil team is called Team Flare, consisting of Shitoron (the bad jokes are about to fly), a gym leader with robotic arms and the leader of the bunch, and others including Zakuro and a professor called Purataanu.
What do you think of the latest updates for Pokemon X and Y? Are you exited about taking on Team Flare and possibly harnessing the powers of Xerneas and Yveltal?