Teen Girl Swallows Bag Of Meth During Traffic Stop

A teen girl swallowed a bag of meth and died after being pulled over for speeding Friday.

Madeleine Gene Richardson was riding in the car with friends when police pulled them over and found marijuana residue and drug apparatus in the car.

The Texas teen and her 20-year-old friend Gary Keife were arrested and charged with drug possession. When she arrived at the jail entrance, she looked very ill, according to Chief Deputy Jay Petrash.

Richardson told police that she swallowed a bag of meth and was rushed to the hospital immediately. Unfortunately, she died several hours later.

“It’s a tragedy when it is such a young person. I don’t know, maybe  she panicked or got scared,” Petrash said.

The 19-year-old was a student at Lone Star College and was coaching the MBW Marlins Swim Team. She is survived by her parents Rick and Suzanne Richardson and her sister Aubrey.

Richardson is not the only teen who has swallowed drugs. In 2010, 18-year-old Art Taylor swallowed a bag of cocaine after he was pulled over for a traffic offense.

Police started to become suspicious of Taylor after he wouldn’t give them his license and registration.

“He made a quick movement to the centre console, and there was a small baggie with a white powder in it,” Police spokesperson Ron Brandolini said.

The officers tried to stop Taylor from swallowing the drugs, but they didn’t succeed.

He was charged with assault and battery on a police officer, disorderly conduct, and not using a turn signal. However, police couldn’t charge him with drug possession because he swallowed the evidence.

What do you think of the teen girl who swallowed a bag of meth? Do you think she just got scared and tried to get rid of the evidence?

[Image via Shuttershock]