The sudden, if not entirely unexpected death of actor Corey Haim (one half of the “two Coreys”) came as a result of a bevy of “natural causes,” and not as a direct result of drugs, as was previously rumored.
Haim’s death on March 10th at the age of 38 was originally believed to be due to an overdose. The coroner’s report indicates that while low levels of both prescription and over-the-counter medications were found in Haim’s system, neither were found to be contributing factors in his death. A large quantity of Oxycodone, a powerful controlled substance, were also found in Haim’s apartment, fueling rumors that drugs played a role in the child star’s demise- but no Oxycodone was found in Haim’s system, either.
According to the coroner, Haim’s death came as a result of pulmonary and cardiac issues:
The cause of death has been determined by the coroner to be: diffuse alveolar damage, community acquired pneumonia with other conditions including hypertrophic cardiomyopathy with coronary arteriosclerosis.
The toxicology report revealed “no significant contributing factors” and the manner of death was ruled “natural.”
Community acquired pneumonia was also pinpointed in the recent death of actress Brittany Murphy.