Nintendo Direct during E3 2013 announced a slew of new titles, and details about games we already know of.
In the next generation console war, a lot of attention has been directed at the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, but Nintendo almost stole the show announcing some new games and detailing the games we already know are coming.
The full video for Nintendo’s Direct webcast is below in case you missed it yesterday. As of now, here are the games and details revealed at the event:
- Wii Party U – This title is a series of mini-games accessible via a virtual board game, the latest installment of the series made popular by Nintendo 64’s Mario Party.
- Super Smash Bros. – The Wii U title made quite a stir this time around after introducing Megaman, an Animal Crossing villager, and the Wii Fit Trainer as new additions to the roster, as previously reported by The Inquisitr.
- Wii Fit U – This is the latest in Nintendo’s popular fitness game series, and possibly the second game that the Wii Fit Trainer is back in.
- Pikmin 3 – The biggest game series that made it fun to play with plant life is getting a new followup.
- New Super Luigi U – Luigi takes his high jump and slide to levels that only Mario had previously traversed. New content will be available to download for this title.
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games – Two previous rivals now star together in Nintendo’s take on the Olympic games being held in Russia next year.
- Super Mario 3D World – This game will feature online competitive modes and a new cat suit.
- Mario Kart 8 – The latest in Nintendo’s flagship racing series will include motorcycles and carts that will be able to transform into hovercrafts.
- Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze – The latest in the famous ape’s platforming series will feature Dixie Kong in a starring role.
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD – The high-definition update of the classic water-borne Zelda game.
- Bayonetta 2 – The female equivalent of Dante from Devil May Cry is getting her own sequel.
As for 3DS titles, the following titles were announced or updated:
- Pokemon X and Y – The infamous duo of the mega-popular game series has a whole slew of new updates, with the biggest of which being the addition of Fairy-type Pokemon and possible sky battles.
- Super Smash Bros. – Little is known if there are many differences between this and the Wii U version.
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds – This is the direct sequel to A Link To the Past, using a new ability to become a drawing to traverse the world in 3D mode.
- Yoshi’s New Island – The third entry in the Yoshi’s Island series brings back the old abilities and introduces new ones, such as giant eggs that Yoshi can use as projectiles to take down obstacles.
- Mario & Luigi: Dream Team – This is a comedic action RPG that combines Luigi’s dreams with the “real world.”
What do you think of the Nintendo Direct E3 2013 announcements?