Princeton University Evacuated Due To Bomb Threat

princeton university evacuated

Princeton University has been evacuated after a bomb threat was received. All students and staff have been told to leave the campus and not return. The Princeton University bomb threat was issued on multiple and unidentified campus buildings.

Students and staff at the New Jersey university were advised to go home and not return to the Princeton campus until told to do so by supervisors. Law enforcement officers and Princeton Police staffers quickly directed both drivers and walkers off the campus after the bomb threat.

Students who live on campus were advised to walk into to town and remain there until a notice is issued stating that it is safe to return to the Princeton University camps area.

University representative Martin Mbugua confirmed that Princeton officials received notification of the bomb threat around 9 am local time. Mbugua also noted that he does not have any other information about how the Princeton University bomb threat was received or the exact nature of the threat at this time.

An online threat to Seton Hall University, also a New Jersey college, was received on May 30. The threat claiming bombs had been placed in multiple buildings also prompted an evacuation of staff and students. Ultimately, Dennis Mamrosz, a 22-year-old Yonkers, New York resident, was charged with making terrorist threats in relation to the incident.

A spokesperson for Governor Chris Christie told local media outlets that the governor was not at his Princeton mansion at this time.

The Inquisitr will update this article when more Princeton University bomb threat information becomes available.

[Image Via: Shutterstock.com]