Beyoncé has stepped up her security ahead of an upcoming charity concert in London amid fears of a British stalker who has plagued the singer for years.
The 31-year-old is performing alongside an array of artists including Madonna, Florence + the Machine, Ellie Goulding, Jennifer Lopez, John Legend and Timbaland at the Sound of Change concert at the Twickenham Stadium this Saturday.
Beyoncé previously encountered fixated fan Barry Essien, who comes from South West London, at an 2009 event.
He allegedly tried to give the star a book of notes he had made that contained religious findings and claimed to have been “attempting to help the singer.”
Bassey was given an anti-harassment order by London’s High Court in 2011 after numerous failed attempts to legally restrict his access to the singer.
In his letter, Essien suggested that the “Single Ladies” hitmaker was an impostor who had killed the real Beyoncé, according to court papers filed at the time.
A source told The Sun: “Staff have been briefed on the situation and pictures of him have been passed round.They’ve been told to keep their eyes open and be extra vigilant.”
“Security has been increased on a few engagements now, especially for her UK promo. It is believed similar letters to the ones that Essien sent have been received.”
Meanwhile, the mother-of-one recently had her derriere slapped by an over-excited male fan at a concert in Denmark, Copenhagen earlier this week.
A video of the incident is now online, and in it Beyoncé can clearly be heard telling him: “I will have you escorted out right now, alright?”
Beyoncé, who has a 16-month-old daughter Blue Ivy with her rapper-producer husband Jay-Z, is currently on a world tour, the appropriately named “Mrs. Carter Show.”
After a recent cancellation in Belgium, followed by a spike in reportedly false pregnancy rumors which the singer blasted, the tour has resumed.
The Houston native is joint headlining the UK’s Festival with Kings of Leon and her tour is set to wrap August 5 at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center.