Michelle Obama Visited Saudi National Accused Of Boston Bombing, Saudi Publications Claims

Nathan Francis

Michelle Obama visited a Saudi national once considered a person of interest in Monday's bombing at the Boston Marathon, a Saudi news site is claiming.

The First Lady reportedly visited two different Saudi nationals on Thursday, checking on their health after the blast.

While there were no American news outlets reporting the hospital meeting between Michelle Obama and the Saudi national, some echoed the original report from Saudi Arabian news site Okaz.com.

The Saudi report noted that Michelle Obama took time to meet with two who were injured in the bombing ---Abdul Rahman Ali Isa al-Salmi al-Harbi and Noura Khaled Saleh al-Ajaji.

The Saudi nationals both suffered serious injuries in the bombing, the report noted. Noura al-Ajaji reportedly had surgery to repair the thigh area just above the knee, the third round of treatment after Noura already received treatment to sterilize the wound and treat a gash from flying glass.

"Al-Ajaji, who is a master's student in cosmetic dentistry, was injured by flying glass fragments from the nearby Colby glasses store, which she was nearby during the Boston Marathon bombings, resulting in an 11 centimeter gash in the thigh area," the Saudi report read.

The meeting has not been verified by the White House, and joins other unconfirmed information making its way around in the days after the bombing. Several news outlets and online sites have shot from the hip, reporting on rumors or police conjecture that has often turned out to be untrue.

This was seen in the hours after the bombing, when the New York Post and Fox News reported that the Saudi national was being held as a suspect. Police later made a statement that they had no one in custody and the Saudi report was incorrect.

There could be some truth to the report that Michelle Obama met with the Saudi national, however. She and President Obama visited victims at several Boston-area hospitals on Thursday, though the meetings were not open to the public or the press.