FBG Duck Dead, Rapper Reportedly Dies After Being Shot In Chicago

Effie Orfanides

FBG Duck is dead, according to various sources.

The 26-year-old rapper, whose real name is Carlton D. Weekly, reportedly died away after he was shot in Chicago, on Tuesday. Shortly after the incident, several people took to social media to ask for prayers and well-wishes for him. His death was reported on Twitter a short while later.

"Popular rapper FBG Duck has just been pronounced dead after being shot in the Gold Coast an hour ago. Prayers up for his family, bring justice to them after this senseless act," former mayoral candidate Ja'Mal Green tweeted.

"It hurts to watch Chicago's young people watch not only their friends but their favorite rappers die from senseless gun violence. We really have to get our city together if we want to have a better future. Rest In Peace FBG Duck," Green continued.

As fans commented on Green's Twitter thread, wondering if the news was true, Green responded saying that he got the information "directly from the source."

The news was also confirmed by DJ Akademiks.

"FBG DUCK pronounced dead at [the] hospital after being shot in downtown Chicago," he tweeted.

No arrests have been made at this time and it's unclear if police have any leads in the case. O'Shea said that there were four suspects involved.

The video below appears to have been taken at the scene. Two people were taken to the hospital and appear unresponsive as they are put on stretchers and put into waiting ambulances.

He began rapping when he was a teenager and had released a few mixtapes. Over the years, he was believed to have had feuds with various rappers, including Chief Keef and Tekashi 6ix9ine.

The rapper was dedicated to music and had a steady fanbase in Chicago and beyond. He was fairly active on social media, and regularly shared videos and photos on Instagram with his 300,000 followers.

Just one year earlier, the rapper's brother, FBG Brick, was killed. Brick, whose real name is Jermaine Robinson, was found shot at the 6300 block of South St. Lawrence Avenue around 3 p.m., according to The Chicago Tribune. He was 26 years old.

In the video below (which does contain strong language), FBG Duck talked about losing his brother and his cousin on the same day.