Happy Tax Day, America! It’s April 15, and that means that by now all Americans have, will, or should have tangled with one of the country’s least beloved organizations, the Internal Revenue Service.
While a Happy Tax Day is aiming a bit high, getting the one of two certain things in life (besides death) over and done with can be a big relief, especially if you’re due a refund. (But not if you got a 4883C letter, which we heard was no fun.)
As Tax Day is upon us, many businesses have gotten into a bit of an annual promotion thing, giving customers a freebie or some really good deals to ease the pain of IRS dealings. We recently posted some Happy Tax Day freebies well in advance so readers of The Inquisitr would be equipped to snag the best April 15 swag — but as the date approached, we learned of even more Tax Day freebies.
In our previous post we listed some of the national chains participating and said these deals were hot for Tax Day:
- Schlotzsky’s: The Original small sandwich for free with the purchase of a 32-oz. drink and chips (4/15 only)
- 7-Eleven: Medium Slurpee for free when you text “Slurp7″ to “711711″ (ends 4/30)
- The Melting Pot: Buy one portion of cheese fondue, get a second one for free (ends 4/11)
- Subway: Buy one 6″ sandwich before 9 am, get a second one for free (ends 4/30)
- Chili’s: Free appetizer or dessert when you “like” its Facebook page (ends 4/15)
So that’s a good start for a happy Tax Day, but even more freebies await those who are looking to take the sting off a big tax bill.
Sonic has “Happy Hour” all day on Tax Day, with every drink half-priced and, in our humble estimation, the best fast-food soda choices of any chain.
AMC is giving away free small popcorn to ticket holders, through the end of today. And Cinnabon has a two-bites freebie while supplies last on Tax Day.
But if your Happy Tax Day plans consist of postmarking a certain file to Uncle Sam, Office Depot also has a freebie — up to 25 pages of free tax photocopies for slowpole taxpayers.
Do you know of any good Tax Day freebies we haven’t found?