Millionaire Indicted For Sexually Abusing Teenage Boys

An eccentric millionaire has been arrested on charges that he sexually assaulted two teenagers.

Millionaire artist Stanley Marsh received the indictment from a Texas grand jury at the beginning of March, documents released this week showed.

The son of an oil tycoon, Marsh is known for creating the pop art landmark “Cadillac Ranch” in the early 1970s. The art exhibit along Interstate 40 near Amarillo features 10 Cadillacs buried nose down and painted pink.

The millionaire was indicted on four counts of sexual assault of a child, eight counts of sexual performance by a child, and two counts of indecency with a child. He faces up to 20 years in prison and a $20,000 fine for each count.

The case is complicated by the fact that Marsh suffered a massive stroke in 2011, leaving his wife to serve as his legal guardian. He has also been treated for prostate cancer.

The millionaire has faced allegations of sexual abuse even before his indictment. In February he settled civil lawsuits from 10 teenagers who said he paid them for sex. He allegedly gave them them drugs, alcohol, and even two BMWs to perform sexual acts with him.

Marsh also pleaded no contest in 1998 to misdemeanor charges of unlawful restraint and criminal trespassing in a plea deal that got him out of five felony charges of kidnapping, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, and indecency with a child.

Marsh’s former lawyer said the cause appears to be a misunderstanding of the eccentric millionaire.

“Because he’s unusual, some people get the wrong idea about him,” the lawyer said.

The allegations claim that Marsh’s wife Wendy and his business associate David L. Weir both knew of the abuse and at times helped facilitate it.

Police said they found evidence it the millionaire’s offices that showed proof of “the accounts of sexual exploitation of minors.” Police seized other evidence including computers, a photo of a nude male, and signed confidentiality agreements.

After the millionaire was indicted, his legal team struck back, noting that the accusers filed suits seeking millions of dollars and didn’t come forward with their allegations until Marsh suffered a stroke.