Less than a week ago, The Inquisitr reported that former WWE superstar Ashley Massaro had been found dead at the age of 39. It has now been confirmed that her cause of death was suicide by hanging, and it has affected numerous people around the world. Now, past news about the reality TV star is coming out and that includes an affidavit in which she claims she was raped on a WWE-sponsored trip and that Vince McMahon wanted it kept quiet.
Short filmmaker and author Chris Brosnahan brought forth information regarding this incident which had Massaro on a WWE trip to visit the troops. The information comes from an affidavit filed by Massaro which was part of a larger lawsuit brought against WWE dealing with past injuries and depression.
In the affidavit, Massaro did claim she suffered depression for years due to injuries that happened during her career in WWE. In that same affidavit, Massaro also told of a time that she was sent on a WWE trip to visit the troops and she ended up being raped by a male member of the military while a female military member stood watch.
The affidavit, revealed in full on WWE Concussion Lawsuit News, speaks of how Massaro came home after the trip and spoke to Vince McMahon about the incident. In the affidavit, McMahon told Massaro that it was not in her best interest to disclose this information to anyone else.Massaro wrote that there was an apology given to her but she was also told that WWE's relationship with the military would be ruined if she spoke up.
"I was still completely traumatized at that point and I just agreed. Vince did at least apologize for what I went through, but then stressed that if I disclosed this incident it would ruin the relationship between the WWE and the US Military."McMahon reportedly told Massaro that she shouldn't let "one bad experience" ruin the good work they were doing for the troops.
About six months before her death, Massaro did send an email to WWE in hopes of reconciling with the company over the lawsuit. According to The Blast, the email came about one month after the court dismissed all claims against WWE.
Updated at 8:15 p.m. on May 22, 2019
WWE has issued a statement regarding these allegations made by Ashley Massaro in an affidavit revealed last year.
WWE is saddened by the death of Ashley Massaro, and we reiterate our condolences to her family. However, we regret that her attorney Konstantine Kyros, who filed multiple cases against WWE, lost all of them, and was sanctioned multiple times by the Court for repeated misconduct and false allegations, is using Ashley's death to further his malicious campaign against WWE by releasing an affidavit that she submitted to the Court and later apologized to WWE for being involved with, so we wish to make certain things crystal clear.
At no time was Vince McMahon or the management of WWE ever informed by Ashley Massaro or anybody else that she had been sexually assaulted, drugged, raped or sodomized by a military doctor with a nurse standing guard while on a goodwill tour in 2007 to U.S. military bases in Kuwait. In fact, if she ever articulated such a claim to WWE, we would have reported it immediately to the Base Commander.
At no time was there ever a meeting with Vince McMahon, Kevin Dunn, John Laurinaitis or other company executives in which she told them of such a claim and was instructed to keep it quiet.
----Continue original article
Ashley Massaro's death is something that rocked the world of professional wrestling as she was loved by so many people in numerous places. Her suicide is yet another tragic death that has come from the sport that entertains people around the globe. Now, new light has been shed on the lawsuit that was filed against WWE and ultimately dismissed, but there is so much more to the story that is only now getting attention.