Husnain Rashid, an alleged supporter of the Islamic State group, was charged with sharing information on social media which was considered threatening to Prince George, the oldest son of Prince William and Kate Middleton. Rashid denies committing terrorism offenses.
A Man Is Charged With Online Threats Towards Prince George
Prosecutors in the U.K. say that Husnain Rashid, 32, posted on the encrypted messaging app Telegram a note that contained a photo of Prince George, the name, and address of his school, a silhouette of a jihadi fighter and the message “even the royal family will not be left alone,” says PageSix.
Husnain Rashid is also charged with making several other posts encouraging violent attacks and of doing online research about how to join the Islamic State group in Syria. Rashid was arrested November 22 and the charges against him include preparing terrorist acts, encouraging terrorism and disseminating a terrorist publication.
Husnain Rashid has denied all of the charges and insists he is not a terrorist. The trial for Rashid is being held on May 14.
The royal family welcomed another prince this week, Prince Louis, who joins Prince George and Princess Charlotte as the children of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are pleased to share a new photograph of their family. The image features on Their Royal Highnesses' Christmas card this year. The photograph shows The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with their two children at Kensington Palace. It was taken earlier this year by @chrisjacksongetty Their Royal Highnesses have also announced this morning that Princess Charlotte will attend the Willcocks Nursery School in London from January 2018. The Willcocks Nursery School has said: "We are delighted that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have chosen the Willcocks Nursery School for Princess Charlotte. We look forward to welcoming Charlotte to our nursery in January."
At a hearing at the Woolwich Crown Court today, the terrorism charges against Husnain Rashid were read aloud, says the Mirror.
“[Husnain Rashid] published statements which intended members of the public to be directly or indirectly encouraged to commit, prepare or instigate acts of terrorism.”
Rashid Is Accused Of Making Other Terrorist Threats
The court alleges that Rashid committed these offenses over the course of a year, between October 2016 and November 2017. Police found a map of 6th Avenue in New York City with a message written on it among Rashid’s possessions.
“New York Halloween Parade. Have you made your preparations? The Countdown begins.”
Husnain Rashid also allegedly posted a photograph of the Burmese ambassador to the United Kingdom with the address of the Burmese embassy that included another cryptic message.
“You know what to do.”
The Duke and Duchess are delighted to share a new official portrait of Prince George to mark His Royal Highness's fourth birthday tomorrow ????The photograph was taken at Kensington Palace at the end of June by Chris Jackson. The Duke and Duchess are very pleased to share this lovely picture as they celebrate Prince George's fourth birthday, and would like to thank everyone for all of the kind messages they have received.
Citizens Wondered Why Anyone Would Threaten Prince George
There has been an outcry across the U.K. that terrorists would threaten Prince George, who is a 4-year-old child, says Express. When the news broke, Brits took to Twitter to ask what is wrong with people?
“There are threats to kill Prince George?! Wtf he’s just a child!!! What is wrong with some people?!”
Another wondered why others weren’t more upset about threats against Prince George.
“Where is the National outrage at the discovery of a plot by ISIS to assassinate Prince George? What the f*** is wrong with this country?”
Prince George started at a new school for the current school year.