He may have enjoyed bragging rights after winning the bet, but the gentleman who ate 28 raw eggs paid the ultimate price to prove a point.
Dhaou Fatnassi, a 20-year-old man from the North African country of Tunisia, died after consuming over two dozen raw eggs. According to news.com.au, the man reportedly began stuffing the food into his mouth after a group of friends dared him to do it. Unfortunately, the cost of winning the bet was his life.
After realizing that something was seriously wrong with their friend, the group called an ambulance to the scene.
“Doctors were called in after the young man felt strong stomach pains, but he died before medical assistance could reach him,” Tunisia’s Shems FM radio station said in a report on Wednesday.
Although some people believe eating raw eggs won’t hurt you, HealthMad explains it’s probably best to err on the side of caution.
The website explains:
“The main concern is that raw eggs could contain a bacteria known as Salmonella enteritidis which is known to cause food poisoning. Statistics show that only about one in thirty thousand eggs contain this bacteria, but there’s no way to tell by looking at it whether you have a ‘bad egg.’ “
As strange as it may sound, this isn’t the first time someone has died while eating something on a dare. The Inquisitr previously reported that 32-year-old Edward Archbold met his maker after consuming a large amount of worms, roaches, and other insects during a contest.
After vomiting inside the store hosting the challenge, Archbold soon collapsed. He was pronounced dead at Broward Health North. Had he not died after eating the unappealing mix of insects and worms, Archbold would have walked away with a free snake from a West Palm Beach pet store.
What do you think about the man who died after eating 28 raw eggs?