Sherin Mathews: Home Of Missing Girl Who Was Put Outside For Not Drinking Milk Being Processed By F.B.I.

A flurry of Twitter posts by local news media outlets indicate the home of Sherin Mathews, 3, is now being processed by the F.B.I. and local police. The Richardson, Texas girl has been missing since Saturday after her father claims to have ordered her to stand outside in the middle of the night because she failed to drink her milk.

At around 6:45 p.m. Central Time, Fox 4 News tweeted that Richardson police were taking the family’s vehicle and executing a search warrant at the Mathews home.

Only a few minutes later, the same news media outlet tweeted that at least “a dozen” F.B.I. agents were entering the Mathews home, accompanied by police.

Minutes later NBC DFW took to Twitter and also noted that the F.B.I had shown up at Sherin’s Richardson residence to take part in the investigation in the little girl’s disappearance.

CBS 11 was also present on the scene and tweeted that a “search warrant” was “being served” at the family home and that the F.B.I. was “there, too.”

According to another tweet by Fox 4 News, crime scene tape was being “unfurled” at the missing girl’s home and an F.B.I. “evidence recovery team” was present.

At approximately 7 p.m. Central Time, NBC 5 tweeted that the F.B.I. was beginning to process the Mathews home both inside and outside.

The F.B.I.’s activities at Sherin’s house was also reported on by WFAA reporter Jobin Panicker, who tweeted the federal law enforcement agency was “canvassing” the front yard of the residence.

As night fell, Fox 4 News noted that on Monday night, Sherin’s Richardson home was “pitch black” and tonight, it is “fully lit” as the F.B.I. and the Richardson Police Department conduct their search.

Sherin was reported missing by her parents at around 8 a.m. on October 7, but according to her father’s story, he discovered her missing around five hours earlier at 3:15 a.m.

Mathews was subsequently arrested by Richardson police and charged with endangering or abandoning a child. The arrest warrant affidavit indicates that at about 3 a.m. early Saturday morning, he took Sherin outside and told her to stand close to a large tree that was located near the family’s backyard. Mathews alleges that around 15 minutes later, he went to check on Sherin and she was gone.

The tree in question is behind a fence and is located across an alley about 100 feet from the family’s residence, according to The Dallas Morning News. The affidavit also states that Mathews informed police that coyotes have been seen on several occasions in the alley near where he told Sherin to stand.

Sherin’s 4-year-old sister, the Mathews biological daughter, was removed from the family’s home by Child Protective Services (CPS), as the investigation continued into Sherin’s disappearance, as previously reported by the Inquisitr. A spokesperson for the agency said CPS has had contact with the family in the past, but did not divulge details as to why, according to CBS 11.

The Mathews family adopted Sherin about 18 months ago from India after having trouble conceiving, CBS 11 reports.

Late Sunday night, Sherin’s father posted $250,000 bond and was released from custody, according to The Dallas Morning News. As part of his release, Mathews is required to wear an electronic monitoring device and surrender his passport.

Authorities indicate that Sherin suffers from developmental issues and her verbal communication skills are limited.

Sherin was last seen on October 7 wearing a pink long-sleeve top, black pajama bottoms, and pink flip-flop sandals. She is described as being an Asian female who weighs around 22 pounds and is approximately 3-feet in height. Sherin has black hair and brown eyes.

The Richardson Police Department is urging anyone with any information about Sherin or her whereabouts to call 972-744-4800.

[Featured Image by The Richardson Police Department]