Olivia Newton-John is speaking out publicly for the first time after confirming the sad news that her breast cancer had returned in May.
Newton-John spoke to fans in a video message posted online on August 14 where she thanked her followers for their prayers and vowed to raise $1 million to continue research at her cancer center in Australia that aims to help others diagnosed with cancer.
"I'd like to express my gratitude to all of you who sent such kind and loving messages of support over the past few months," the former Grease actress, who looked happy and healthy rocking shorter hair, said in the video. "Your prayers and well wishes have truly helped me and continue to lift my spirits."
She then suggested that she would be back to work soon after initially canceling her tour when confirming the news that she had been diagnosed with breast cancer for the second time.
"I'm feeling great," Newton-John said this week, just under 11 weeks after confirming the return of the disease, "and so look forward to seeing you soon."
Olivia then told fans that she was hoping to raise $1 million for The Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre at the Austin Hospital in Melbourne, Australia.