Yasmin Seweid: Muslim Student Who Claimed Trump Supporters Harassed Her Made Up The Entire Story, Police Say

Barely a week after Yasmin Seweid, a Muslim student who went missing after she was allegedly harassed on a subway train, was "found" safe, the teen has been arrested after it emerged that she had allegedly made up the entire story. According to CBS New York, law enforcement agencies on Wednesday stated that Seweid had lied about the entire incident and made up a story about her being verbally attacked by Trump supporters while commuting on a New York City subway train. According to police officials, Yasmin Seweid is currently in police custody and has been charged with filing a false police report.

The Hyde Park teen shot to fame after claiming that she was verbally assaulted by three men who called her a terrorist and chanted "Donald Trump" at her. She also claimed she was at one point ordered to take her hijab (veil) off her head by the trio. One of the men also grabbed her bag and broke one of its straps while yelling at her and telling her to "get out of this country," Yasmin had claimed. All this reportedly happened at the 23rd Street 4/5/6 subway station on December 1.

Following the alleged incident, Yasmin made a Facebook post about it the very next day in which she claimed that no one came forward to help her when the alleged verbal assault happened.

"It breaks my heart that so many individuals chose to be bystanders while watching me get harassed verbally and physically by these disgusting pigs," Yasmin wrote in her Facebook post.

Her entire Facebook post can be seen below.

"I initially was not planning on making a post about what happened yesterday, but you will probably be seeing stories about it on the news & in the newspaper tomorrow. I take the train every single day going to & coming from class, but yesterday, something happened that I never thought would happen to me. I was harassed on the subway last night and it was just so dehumanizing I can't speak about it without getting emotional. Three white racists ripped the straps off my bag & attempted to yank my hijab off my head. They yelled such disgusting slurs at me, I was so helpless and felt defenseless. 'Look it's a[n] [expletive] terrorist,' 'go back to your country,' 'take that rag off your head,' and so many more. Trump's name was repeatedly said & it finally clicked in my head. No matter how "cultured" or 'Americanized' I am, these people don't see me as an American. It breaks my heart that so many individuals chose to be bystanders while watching me get harassed verbally and physically by these disgusting pigs. Trump America is real and I witnessed it first-hand last night! What a traumatizing night. Please stay safe everyone & never let anyone take your rights away. Just thought I should share that with you all tonight."
Yasmin's Facebook account appears to have been deactivated as of today.

After the incident gained nationwide media attention, Yasmin was also seen talking about the "traumatizing" incident to multiple media outlets. She also received lots of supporters from people who were disgusted at the alleged conduct of the men.

Following Yasmin's claims, local police officials launched an investigation into the incident as well as an operation to search for the three men who had reportedly harassed her. The case, however, received a fresh twist the very next week after it emerged that Yasmin had suddenly gone missing. The Inquisitr had also reported about Seweid's mysterious disappearance. However, just three days later, Yasmin was found safe. It is still unclear where Yasmin had been to in the three days she remained untraceable. Authorities are also yet to reveal what prompted them to formally arrest Yasmin for lying about the incident and filing a false report.

[Featured Image by NYPD]