Krim Murders: Six-Year-Old Girl Allegedly Tried To Fight Off Nanny

Horrific details emerging from the Krim murders indicate that Lucia, 6, tried to fight off the alleged killer nanny. The little girl died of stab wounds to her neck and stomach. Mother Marina Krim found her daughter and son, 2, dead inside the bathtub of the family’s Upper West Side apartment earlier this week.

Neighbors of the Krim family maintain that nanny Yoselyn Ortega, 50, was “visibly unraveling” prior to the tragic and extremely violent slayings, according to the Daily Mail. The Manhattan nanny allegedly looked like she had “aged seven years” over the past few months.

Little Lucia had been seen happily playing in the elevator just moments before the she was reportedly forced to defend herself against her knife-wielding attacker. The Krim child reportedly suffered defensive wounds while fighting for her life.

Lucia was ultimately stabbed multiple times, and her baby brother Leo suffered two puncture wounds to his neck, according to the New York Post. The nanny allegedly used to kitchen’s knives in the child murders.

A law enforcement source had this to say during a conversation with the New York Post:

“They both suffered. They bled out. The little girl tried to protect herself.”

Police officers also noted that the Dominican Republican native had been seeing a psychiatrist. The nanny allegedly had been battling physical and mental problems and money issues. Ortega had been living in America for a decade.

Celia Ortega, the nanny’s sister, had this to say about the Krim murders:

“She snapped. We don’t understand what happened to her mind.”

Marina and Kevin Krim had given the nanny additional work hours after she complained about her financial woes. The couple also recently introduced Ortega to another family in need of a babysitter. The family opted against hiring the woman because she was reportedly a “little too grumpy” during their meeting.

The nanny is receiving care at the New York Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center. The New York Daily News reports that the nanny has been removed from a medically-induced coma. She reportedly remains in a catatonic state and will not answer questions posed by police or doctors.