Kim Kardashian has officially returned to Keeping Up With the Kardashians, with clear intentions to document her struggle dealing with Kanye West’s hospitalization after experiencing a traumatizing incident in Paris.
Executive producer Ryan Seacrest confirmed to People that the reality show is very much still in production and has been for the last couple of weeks. While execs agreed to give Kim Kardashian some time off after her Paris ordeal, that was only said to have been for three weeks.
KUWTK is believed to have gone back into production mode early November, and while initial reports had assumed that Kim Kardashian was planning to take a break from the show in order to fully recover from the robbery incident, this hasn’t exactly been the case, as revealed by Ryan.
— People Magazine (@people) December 1, 2016
The former American Idol host, who confirms that the show has been back in production mode for quite some time, admits to having spoken to Kim about her current situation dealing with Kanye West’s meltdown last month.
As previously revealed, the rapper was rushed to UCLA’s Medical Center after his personal doctor became so worried about his health, stressing in a 911 phone call that they needed an ambulance and several police members on the scene to control the father of two.
Despite his eight-day stay at the hospital, Kanye West is currently said to be living in a rented mansion out in Los Angeles, having allegedly refused to return home to Kim Kardashian and the children. He’s continuing his treatment plan outside of UCLA’s Medical Center.
— Daily Mail Celebrity (@DailyMailCeleb) November 30, 2016
Ryan is fully aware that Kim Kardashian plays an importance in the success behind KUWTK, and the two incidents that have happened in the family in a matter of two months is a significant storyline that producers couldn’t leave out from the show.
When talking about his current relationship with the Kardashians and how Kim was holding up with the Kanye West situation, the 41-year-old reveals, “I’ve spoken to Kim Kardashian. I’ve not spoken to Kanye, but I think that things are going better now.”
“There have been some reports that we halted production. We did stop for a little bit after the Paris incident, but we’ve since been back in full production. We’re shooting season 13.”
It’s unclear how much fans will get to see of Kim Kardashian when the show airs early next year, but fans on Twitter seem to think that the 36-year-old will most likely be featured in every episode, given the fact that she has already been filming since the beginning of November.
— Us Weekly (@usweekly) November 30, 2016
As for initial reports claiming that Kanye might choose to head back out on his “Saint Pablo Tour,” according to Hollywood Life, nobody in the Kardashian family would allow it. The family has been so concerned about the rapper’s health that going back on tour is the last thing they would let him do with his current health crisis.
“No one in the Kardashian household is even talking about him touring,” a source shared.
“They want him to get better and are only focusing on that and not if he will tour anytime soon or ever again. The consensus is that once he gets better, everything else will fall into place.”
Kim Kardashian has yet to confirm her return to KUWTK, having mostly stayed away from social media since October.
Are you looking forward to Kim Kardashian’s return to reality TV?
[Featured Image by Rachel Murray/Getty Images for Kanye West]