Angelina Jolie has finally surfaced since filing for divorce from Brad Pitt. Jolie has been laying low since late September, according to Us Weekly. Jolie recorded a video message on behalf of the International Criminal Court on Friday, November 18. The Oscar winner’s video coincided with the Dutch-based tribunal launch of its policy on children, according to the Daily Mail. This policy highlights the severity of atrocity crimes against and affecting children. Jolie is a special envoy to the United Nation’s High Commissioner for Refugees.
“Successful prosecution and new legal benchmark, whether at the ICC or elsewhere, is a part of the long and vital generational effort… That is the light in which I believe the court’s new policy on children should be seen.”
The Salt star previously visited the ICC in April and met with staff members from the Trust Fund for Victims. The fund assists survivors of international war crimes and crimes against humanity, according to the Daily Mail.
Jolie, 41, said, “The impact of crimes against children is felt down the generations,” and that mankind owes a debt to kids, “We know we aren’t giving the best to children.”
“There can be no complete justice without consideration for the victims of the war crimes themselves, and the practical assistance they need to move on with their lives and overcome the harm they have suffered…That is why the work of the trust fund is important and must be supported and strengthened over time.”
Angelina said she welcomes charges for crimes against children and gives thanks to those who have worked on the policy.
“I particularly welcome the commitment to include charges for crimes against children wherever the evidence permits as part of a more systematic approach. I congratulate the office of the chief prosecutor, and all those working on the policy.”
Ten days prior, Pitt made his first appearance at a screening with Julia Roberts on November 9. The actor/producer stepped out to co-host a screening with his The Mexican and Ocean’s co-star.
RELATED ARTICLES FROM THE INQUISITR:
Angelina Jolie And Brad Pitt’s Kids Are Reportedly Begging To Spend Thanksgiving As A Family
Angelina Jolie’s Alleged Secret Life Exposed! Brad Pitt’s Dynamic Recordings Reveal Kinky Sex And Drug Use
Brad Pitt Ready To Move On From Angelina Jolie With Margot Robbie?
Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Divorce: Marion Cotillard Weighs In On Cheating Rumors
Brad Pitt Has Been Cleared Of Child Abuse Charges And Angelina Jolie Is Furious [Report]
According to Entertainment Online, it appears Jolie is now back to work after the Department of Child and Family Services cleared Brad Pitt of child abuse allegations. Pitt was the subject of a child abuse investigation for an altercation that allegedly occurred involving Maddox on a private jet, according to Us Weekly.
Angelina has six children with Brad Pitt: Maddox, 15, Pax, 12, Zahara, 11, Shiloh, 10, and twins Knox and Vivienne, 8. Jolie attempted to seek physical custody of the children.
A statement from Jolie’s rep was issued to Entertainment Tonight last Wednesday and revealed the actress was “relieved” that the investigation had concluded. It said Jolie’s focus was always on the health of the family.
“Angelina said from the beginning that she felt she had to take action for the health of the family and is relieved that after their eight-week involvement, the DCFS is now satisfied the safeguards are put in place that will allow the children to heal.”
Jolie previously requested that Pitt only gets joint legal custody. Pitt, 52, subsequently filed a response for joint custody of the children on November 4, according to People.
[Featured Image by Kevin Winter/Getty Images]