Warning: The following article contains (possible) spoilers for Game of Thrones Season 7
In case you missed it, an alleged leak of Game of Thrones Season 7’s entire plot outline has surfaced online, the validity of which is open to significant debate.
The original post detailing the supposed Game of Thrones Season 7 leak had been deleted by its poster (/u/awayforthelads), only to be resurrected like Jon Snow by a user (/u/maureencreates) on the subreddit /r/FreeFolk, who recompiled the “leaks” into a post.
After reading through the Reddit post in its entirety, here is a list of the 10 least believable “spoilers” from the alleged Game of Thrones leak.
1. Daenerys kills some of the Lords of Westeros, including Sam’s father and brother.
Dany has made some controversial decisions in the past. Killing Samwell Tarly’s father and brother would be a defining act for the Khaleesi and not a positive one. While Sam’s dad is a jerk, he has not done anything to warrant death. Nor has his brother. Plus, it is incredibly difficult to imagine Jon eventually aligning himself with Dany, if she was to kill members of his best friend’s family
2. After securing Highgarden, Jaime encounters Lady Olenna, who admits to assassinating Joffrey. Jamie allows her to commit suicide by drinking poison.
Lady Olenna has never been one to admit defeat on Game of Thrones. The last Tyrell, accepting it at the hands of the Lannisters and drinking poison without a final showdown with Cersei is hard to fathom.
3. Cersei publicly vows to send reinforcements to combat the White Walkers. She later confides in Jaime that her real plan is to do nothing and let the zombies kill as many of her enemies as possible. Jaime is so upset by this that he rides to the North.
If this alleged Game of Thrones spoiler is to be believed, Jaime has made peace with his sister/lover blowing up countless innocents in the Sept, but draws the line at the White Walkers descending on the North. Huh?
As for Cersei, she is a lot of things. Dumb is not one of them. Once the White Walkers have killed all of her enemies, what is going to keep them from making a B line for Westeros and her?
4. Sansa sentences Littlefinger to death for trying to interfere in her relationship with Arya.
To accept the Game of Thrones Season 7 leak as a whole, you have to believe that all of the foreshadowing between Sansa, Jon, and Littlefinger in the Season 6 finale will ultimately come to nothing. Apparently after all of Littlefinger’s successful scheming through the years, he falls prey to a plot he hatches to disrupt the bond of the Stark sisters. Wow.
5. Sam and Bran put the pieces of the Jon Snow parentage puzzle together, realizing that he is a legitimate Targaryen, whose birth name is Aegon.
How has Bran not figured this out from what he saw in the Season 6 finale? Isn’t the only question left for Game of Thrones Season 7 is how Sam and Bran are going to prove it?
6. To prove to Daenerys and the rest of Westeros that the White Walkers are real, Jon leads a force to capture one.
Why would Jon believe he could capture a single White Walker? They are not exactly known for wanting their alone time. Plus, as of Game of Thrones Season 6, he only knows how to kill one and that is a mightily difficult task itself.
7. After Jon has nearly died in a battle with the White Walkers, he hooks up with Daenerys on the boat taking them back to the North.
According to the leak, Game of Thrones will go full incest again when Jon hooks up with his aunt in the same episode that Sam and Bran figure out Jon’s true heritage.
It is interesting that the leak writer conveniently pins the Jon/Dany hookup as occurring before either know they are related. It makes sense. Having it happen afterwards would create greater controversy.
Once that truth comes out, how could they continue on in a relationship? Would Game of Thrones actually go full tilt with an aunt-nephew pairing?
8. In the penultimate episode of Season 7, Jon privately offers to step down as King in the North, if Dany agrees to send her forces to combat the WWs.
Sacrificing his title for the greater good is a total Jon Snow move. He is that selfless. The thing that makes this alleged spoiler suspicious is why he would feel motivated to make such a sacrifice when Dany would have already seen what the White Walkers are capable of. Why would she still need an incentive to do the right thing?
9. Euron defeats Yara’s fleet and takes her prisoner. Theon saves himself by jumping overboard.
After so much time on Game of Thrones has been spent with Theon searching for redemption, his resorting to his former self in such a major way would be a beyond-shocking turn of events.
10. After killing Dany’s dragon Viserion, Game of Thrones Season 7 ends with the Night King destroying The Wall — thanks to a White Walker version of Viserion.
How exactly would the White Walkers manage to kill a dragon? If dragonglass aka obsidian can kill a White Walker, imagine what their fire breath could do.
As for the White Walkers successfully gaining control of an un-dead Viserion, if that happens everyone on Game of Thrones can kiss it goodbye.
Do you believe the alleged Game of Thrones Season 7 plot leak? Sound off in the comments section below and find out if any of it comes true when the seventh season of Game of Thrones airs next summer on HBO.
[Featured Image by Helen Sloane/HBO]