Hillary Clinton Video, Payment, Online-Services Rally: PayPal, Netflix Stocks Spike As Election Day Nears

A seemingly puzzling contrast can be observed in how different individuals and groups perceive the relationship between capitalism, democracy, and freedom of speech, which had led to a seeming conundrum for Democratic presidential nominee and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton: how could/can she appeal to both pro- and anti-corporate supporters?

“I took a break from my rigorous nap schedule to be here tonight,” Hillary Clinton stated to laughs from those gathered in New York City last night at the Al Smith Charity Dinner, to support children in need.

Secretary Clinton seemed to have made unabashed light of the pro/anti-corporate conundrum, calling her speech a “treat for the audience” because she usually charges high prices to make appearances.

The Inquisitr has previously reported on how an objective comparison of Hillary Clinton’s and Republican nominee Donald Trump’s wealth-building abilities would appear to show that the Democrat is a keen businesswoman and capitalist, perhaps more successful than the reported billionaire.

Bernie Sanders and his supporters have, to varying degrees, been identified with and labelled as socialists, as reported by Salon and Fox News. Sanders has been vocal in his support of bringing the U.S. health care system inline with other nations’, causing some conservatives to label him as a socialist.

Further, when considering reaction to controversial corporate projects like the Dakota Access Pipeline, as previously reported by the Inquisitr, it can be demonstrated that there are at least some Americans who believe that capitalism is wholly bad and that a pure socialist approach might be better.

It could be easy to be unaware or to forget a part of living in a free and democratic society: the stock market and free enterprise. U.S. financial markets are the strongest in the world. There is a great deal of debate around this subject. Some believe that freedom of speech, democracy, and capitalism go hand-in-hand, while others differ. The United States gives individuals the right to start their own small businesses and corporations; to compete, improving the condition of life for everyone, purportedly continually bringing new products and services.

Customers who are unhappy not only have the right to complain, but to also start their own business and compete with greener, faster, more efficient, and more innovative choices.

Profits and, perhaps surprisingly, widening losses from viable green, socially conscious companies, such as Tesla, are valued just as highly, if not more so, than companies associated with oil pipelines, as previously reported by the Inquisitr.

“Democracy and capitalism are like a lion and a bull pulling a sled together,” the Ethical Spectacle writes.

Internet stocks like Netflix, NFLX, and PayPal, PYPL, among others, having been surging as the likelihood of a Hillary Clinton appears to increase.

“It is the only moral and efficient system that allows man to think freely in the market, create material expressions of those thoughts and ideas, and bring those ideas as well as the material expressions to compete in the marketplace without coercion,” writes the Leitmotif blog.

As foolish as it might seem to disregard socialized health care as at least a reasonable consideration, so too would it be to let the freedom and the right to participate in financial markets and to engage in capitalism languish.

Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is reported to have a net worth of more than $50 billion, as reported by Forbes. Every single American has the opportunity to buy and sell FB stock, the very same currency that made Mark Zuckerberg a billionaire, every business day. Facebook stock has gained 245.5 percent since coming public in 2012, as reported by Yahoo Finance Canada.

The Inquisitr has previously reported how, before its impressive run, the price of Facebook stock consolidated, forming an IPO base for 14 months before breaking out above its then all-time high of $36.66.

Today, after consolidating for 15 months, shares in PayPal Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: PYPL) broke above the high of their IPO price formation, printed on July 20, 2015. PayPal stock closed at $44.15 today, up more than 10 percent, on thick trading volume, after releasing market-pleasing earnings and an analyst upgrade yesterday, as reported by Street Insider.

A Hillary Clinton video, paymement, and social media stock market rally may be underway as shares in Facebook, FB, Netflix, NFLX, and PayPal, PYPL, have each surged on strong trading volume, two to new highs, over recent NASDAQ and NYSE sessions.
[Image by Venngage]

Though they have yet to make new high ground, shares in fellow online services stalwart Netflix, Inc. (NASDAQ: NFLX) are up more than 1,700 percent since first being offered publicly in 2002, and 26.4 percent in the last five days, after reporting strong earnings on Monday.

Smarter Analyst cited Netflix as a potential winner with a Hillary Clinton presidency, as well as Facebook, which has also been strong over the past week. Given its recent strong, sympathetic performance and seemingly obvious synergies, PYPL stock would seem a reasonable addition to the list of stocks that may be experiencing a Hillary Clinton election win rally.

And while each is certainly responding to its own strong financial news, the influence of the election would seem marked on the online stocks, like a flat rock being lifted from a bed of coiled springs.

Presidential election odds-maker FiveThirtyEight currently gives an 86.1 percent chance of a Hillary Clinton win. Donald Trump is seen with a 13.9 percent chance.

Despite Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway’s assertion that Hillary Clinton’s economic plan was the biggest “loser” of the third presidential debate, as reported by financial news network CNBC, financial markets themselves appear to be not only applauding, but standing on their chairs and hooting, with regard to Hillary Clinton’s economic plans, and the increased perception of certainty of a Clinton election win.

[Featured Images by Spencer Platt, Justin Sullivan, Sean Gallup/Getty Images]