Halloween is fast approaching, and, if you are into haunted locations that have been known to have paranormal activity, then this is the list for you.
America Haunts has kindly composed a list of some haunted locations across America you can check out this Halloween. With 28 haunted locations on their books, America Haunts aims to delivers fear-based entertainment to more than a million thrill seekers each Halloween.
So, who is America Haunts? Their tagline is: Halloween attractions built on haunted grounds intensify fears for those who dare.
The company aims to bring fear-based entertainment to more than a million thrill seekers each Halloween.
"Our historic haunts have the ability to frighten even the most cynical adults, as some are even verified as truly haunted by paranormal experts," said Amber Arnett-Bequeaith, of America Haunts. "Paranormal activity is intriguing to so many, and what better way to experience it than inside a dark historical building with ghostly pasts."
The following list will get you started on the best haunted locations for Halloween this year.
- The Dent Schoolhouse — If creepy children ghosts are your thing, you can check out the Dent Schoolhouse. Dozens of children went missing and were later found rotting in the basement. It is believed the janitor killed them, but he was never found.
- Nightmare on the Bayou — Numerous ghost sightings and paranormal activity have occurred at this haunted location over the years. It is located near Houston's oldest graveyard.
- Cutting Edge — If you want to check out an abandoned meat pack plant this Halloween, Cutting Edge's Hell's Half Acre is the place for you. Situated in Fort Worth, visitors regularly report eerie occurrences.
- 13th Floor San Antonio — Another Halloween location containing the potential ghosts of children is the 13th floor attraction in San Antonio. Rumor has it this location is haunted by a group of school children that were killed when the bus they were travelling on was hit by an oncoming train. Halloween spectators will also get to tour a 107-year-old basement and a haunted graveyard as well as travelling the lift to the dreaded 13th floor.
- The Beast — Located in Kansas City, MO, this haunted location is perfect for Halloween thrills. Since its existence there have been dozens of employees refusing to return to work at The Beast. This is on account of the multiple ghosts reported to be haunting the building. The ghosts that live within the building have been blamed when witnesses experience the feeling of a heavy weight on their chest. At times, with this sensation, guests have found it hard to breathe.
- 13th Gate — 13 is always a number featured heavily during Halloween. So, it is no wonder another haunted location on this Halloween list is called 13th Gate. This haunted attraction can be found in Baton Rouge and taunts visitors to attempt "each of the 13 themed gates of this intricate 40,000 sq. ft. haunt." According to legend, this haunted Halloween attraction was "once home to a slave brick foundry and later a slaughterhouse." The 150-year-old building is sure to scare the faint-hearted.
- The Haunted Hotel — Based in San Diego's Gaslamp District, the Haunted Hotel is a 150-year-old treasure that takes visitors "deep inside the maze of hallways, seeping with paranormal activity" this Halloween. Rooms in this hotel are themed and include "chainsaw wielding clowns, zombies and ghouls popping out of walls." So, if you want your clown fix this Halloween in a safe environment, this haunted location is the place for you.
Are you planning to check out the paranormal activity in any of these haunted locations this Halloween? Let us know by commenting below.
[Featured Image by Vitalez/Shutterstock]