Bungie released the 2.4.1 update Tuesday to Destiny on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, as scheduled. The latest update to the multiplayer shooter brings welcome fixes to the Raid, the Firefly perk, and much more. It also gifts 15 Silver Dust to all players while shuffling away some items from last year’s Festival of the Lost in anticipation of this year’s event.
Silver Dust has been a sore point for Destiny players since it was introduced in Rise of Iron. The micro-transaction like currency is required to purchase Ornaments and equip them to each piece of armor and weapons. However, Silver Dust is difficult to obtain without spending extra real-world cash on Sterling Treasure through the Eververse shop. This update appears to be the first step to correcting that.
— Bungie (@Bungie) October 18, 2016
All Destiny players have been gifted 15 Silver Dust. Additionally, those that held on to Paper Glued from Festival of the Lost 2015 can dismantle those for 1 Silver Dust each.
It’s a small step but appears to be setting up future changes down the road. This starts with Horn Relays from Sparrow Racing League no longer being used to upgrade Rare Quality Horns, which can now be dismantled. Additionally, all items from last year’s Festival of the Lost have been removed from the game.
Bungie is likely clearing out these items for the next Festival of the Lost event, which should arrive next week, before Halloween. Whether there will be additional opportunities to earn Silver Dust remains to be seen.
There are multiple bug fixes included with this Destiny update, including a fix for the long-running crashes caused by the Firefly weapon perk. The Wrath of the King Raid will finally be less stingy with SIVA Key Fragments. Defeating Normal Mode bosses will now reward 1 SIVA Key Fragment while Heroic Mode will reward 2. Additionally, Bungie is making it so SIVA Key Fragments will always drop from boss kills even if the Raid has already been completed for the week.
You can check out the fill list of fixes to Destiny in the 2.4.1 patch notes posted by Bungie.
However, the previously covered Light level changes aren’t ready to go live in Destiny: Rise of Iron just yet. They are included with this update but won’t be turned on until the Wrath of the Machine Heroic Mode launches at 5 p.m. ET / 2 p.m. PT.
At that time, the overall Light level cap will be increased from 385 to 400. Additionally, the following changes will be made to Destiny Activities, Faction Packages, and Engrams. Yes, Bungie has confirmed that Faction packages will come with a Light level increase.
- The SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 365 Light
- The Heroic SIVA Strike Playlist will now drop rewards up to 385 Light
- Archon’s Forge can now drop rewards up to 385 Light
- Archon’s Forge can now drop Ghosts and Artifacts up to 400 Light
- Trials of Osiris, Iron Banner, Crucible, and Strike Hoards will now provide drops up to 400 Light
- Wrath of the Machine, Trials of Osiris, and Iron Banner will now attempt to reward higher Light items on average
- Vanguard, Crucible, and Faction packages will now provide drops up to 390 Light
- Increased chance of Artifacts from Crota’s Bane Reputation Packages
- Increased chance of Ghosts from New Monarchy, Dead Orbit, Future War Cult, Vanguard, and Crucible Reputation Packages
- Rare Engrams will now decrypt up to 365 Light
- Legendary Engrams will now decrypt up to 385 Light
- Exotic Engrams will now decrypt up to 400 Light
What do you think of the changes made with this Destiny: Rise of Iron update. Were there any issues you wanted to see fixed, but weren’t? Sound off in the comments below.
[Featured Image by Bungie / Activision]