Kenyan Man Rapes 2-Year-Old, A 98-Year-Old, Grandma, And A Cow

A Kenyan man from Mathioya, Murang'a, has been arrested for allegedly raping a 2-year-old girl, a 98-year-old grandmother, and a cow. All three incidents of rape occurred in the same village.

The 36-year-old man has been identified as Samuel Thiong'o and was caught after leaving the scene where he raped the 98-year-old grandmother, according to the Daily Nation. The heinous act was only one of three rapes Thiong'o committed in the village.

Thiong'o was arrested in 2013 after he was caught raping a cow near his own grandmother's house. Thing'o was sentenced to two years in jail for the act of bestiality, released in 2015.

The rape of the grandmother and the little girl occurred on the same day, just months after he was released from jail for raping the cow.

Unfortunately, the rape culture in Kenya is not often taken seriously in many instances. It is probable that Thingo'o will receive less jail time for raping the grandmother and the little girl, than he did for raping the cow.

Thiong'o's was caught raping the grandmother when his cousin walked by the grandmother's house and heard screams for help from within. Stephen Macharia, 19-years-old, went inside to see what was happening. He was promptly knocked unconscious my Thiong'o.

The incident occurred at approximately 7pm, while the grandmother was sleeping inside her home.

Thiong'o left the grandmother's house and made his way to the 2-year-old girl's home. The mother of the little girl left her and her 11-year-old sister home alone while she delivered some tea to the collection center. Thiongo' took advantage of the situation.

The mother states that her older daughter was able to escape.

"I left the two eating, when I came back I heard that Thiong'o was here and broke my door and tried to defile the eldest, she managed to escape leaving the young girl behind,"
Thiong'o removed the young girl from her home and took her to a nearby farm, where he brutally raped her, leaving her bloodied and battered on the ground before fleeing the scene.

The young girl was able to make her way to a neighbor's house to seek help. She was covered in blood when she arrived. Neighbors contacted her parents and she was promptly escorted to the hospital.

The grandmother was found in her own bed, in shock, after Macharia awoke from being attacked.

A hunt for Thiong'o began immediately.

Thing'o was caught and is now being helod at the Nyakianga police station, according to Metro.

Destination Magazine reported on the Kenyan rape culture, revealing that rape in the country is not often taken seriously, unless the towns and villages take things into their own hands. In once instance, a 16-year-old girl was gang raped and brutally beaten in Kenya. The men tossed her into a latrine, hoping her injuries would soon end her life. The girl survived and was able to identify three of the men that raped her. Police apprehended the man and took them into custody. Their sentence for the crime was nothing more than cutting the police station grass before they were allowed to leave.

Kenyan law states that the men should have received at least 7 years in jail for their crime. However, rather than tie up the courts and the officers' time, they were simply allowed to leave with minimal intervention by the law.

Although Thiong'o's sentencing for raping the grandmother and the little girl has not been announced, many are left to wonder if he will receive adequate punishment for his crimes.

[Feature Image by Oleg Golovnev/Shutterstock]