Kpop And Korean Drama Stars Accused Of Sexual Assault In 2016 -- Why Does This Keep Happening To Hallyu Entertainers?

Patricia Grannum

Kpop and Korean dramas create fantasy worlds that millions of fans have fallen in love and become obsessed with. But there's a dark reality to the entertainment industry that isn't often talked about. There are kpop and kdrama stars who have been accused of sexual assault.

While many of these stars have had the charges dropped and their names cleared, it's a troubling stain on the largely pristine public image that Korean entertainment offers the world. Here is a list of some of the kpop and kdrama stars who have been accused of sexual assault in 2016.

"[I] didn't want outsiders to know when I was filing the charges, but as the incident got reported, the situation got of out hand. She is under a state of shock, and too large of a damage was incurred by the other side," he said, according to the Daily Dot.

Many thought that it was a case of blackmail until three other sex workers came forward to claim that Park Yoochun had sexually assaulted them. Ms. Lee also reopened her case in July.

After the second sexual assault claim was made, Yoochun's agency, C-Jes Entertainment, said that they would initiate legal action for libel.

"If Yoochun is found guilty of committing the crimes, he will retire from the entertainment industry," a statement from the agency read.

According to Bitbag, all five of the cases were eventually dismissed. In an interesting turn of events, it was later revealed that the first victim had tried to extort 100 million won from Park Yoochun. C-Jes Entertainment has since filed a lawsuit against her for the accusations she made against Yoochun.

— Mιcкєу. (@LeeMinki_FS) September 3, 2016

— K-news ✨ (@Allkpop_Arabs) August 30, 2016

"The woman filed the charges mistakenly," a statement from Lee Min Ki's agency said. "She has since redacted her statement and we have received an apology from her. In the future we hope that such misunderstandings will not happen."

RELATED POSTS ON INQUISITR

Jung Joon Young, Kpop Star, Pulls Out Of '2 Days, 1 Night' And Digital City Music Festival Amidst Sexual Assault Allegations And Investigation

Jung Joon Young Sexual Assault Allegations: K-Pop Idol Tells His Side Of The Story

Lee Min Ho's Agency Laughs At 'Ridiculous' Taylor Swift Dating Rumors: 'We're Taken Aback'– Korean Drama Star Focused On Career

Lee Min Ho, Taylor Swift, And Bae Suzy: The Truth Behind This Rumored Love Triangle

Jung Joon Young

As the Inquisitr previously reported, the Kpop singer was accused by an ex-girlfriend of filming one of their sexual encounters without her permission. In an emergency news conference held after news of the accusations went public, Jung Joon Young insisted that he was innocent and that the filming was consensual.

"It was a video that my ex-girlfriend and I both agreed to film, but I deleted it immediately afterwards. However, the word 'hidden camera' had appeared in reports, causing her to greatly fear everything," he said. "At the time [of the accusation], I was busy with various schedules and the woman had felt neglected. We argued and came to a misunderstanding and she impulsively filed the charge based on the video filming."

Although the ex-girlfriend in question later withdrew her accusations, the police investigation continued. However, Soompi reports that the "Sympathy" singer has since been acquitted of all charges.

— JungJoonYoung_CR (@JungJoonYoungCR) September 25, 2016

[Featured Image by Chung Sung-Jun/Getty Images]

ALL CONTENT © 2008 - 2021 THE INQUISITR.