After a two-month hiatus, South Korean heartthrob Lee Min-ho got active on Instagram. The Hallyu actor, who was shooting in Spain for his upcoming K-drama, is now back to South Korea.
However, it must be noted that a week ago, Lee Min-ho put up a couple of photographs of Sandy beaches of Barcelona.
— Monika Setiono ( 2 ) (@monika_leeminho) October 4, 2016
Coincidentally, this was around the same time a rumor was doing the rounds that Taylor Swift had set her eyes on Hallyu heartthrob Lee Min-ho and that the two were dating.
— Echo Wang Jie (@echocielbleu) October 7, 2016
However, the rumor died a few days later, after Lee Min-ho’s agency confirmed that there is not a tinge of romance between Lee Min-ho and songstress Taylor Swift. The agency also confirmed that the two haven’t met even once.
A source from Lee Min Ho’s agency responded, “It’s ridiculous and we are taken aback,” the source said.
“Lee Min Ho is currently overseas and focusing on acting, so it’s difficult to nosily ask him about Taylor Swift. Perhaps he got involved in this dating rumor because his filming in Spain is receiving a lot of attention from international press.”
While the Lee Min-ho dating rumor died at the same speed that it started, so did the actor’s activity on Instagram. Except for a couple of photos the actor posted around the time, there was nothing thereafter.
Rumors of the Taylor Swift and Lee Min-ho dating started when a recent report by The Inquisitr merely pointed out that another news agency had paired up the duo [Read full report here].
However, this news article was picked up by some web magazines who garnished their stories with dating rumors.
Just like the agency, the fans of Taylor Swift and Lee Min-ho too found the whole dating theory ridiculous.
South Korean website Soompi clarified that The Inquisitr was merely pointing out another website’s point of view about Lee Min-ho being a potential boyfriend for Taylor Swift.
Fans of both Taylor Swift and Lee Min-ho were furious and started verbally attacking each other’s idols and calling them names.
In July too, Lee Min-ho had been a victim of malicious name-calling. At the time, his agency vowed to take legal action against netizens.
His agency MYM Entertainment announced on their official Facebook that they would be taking legal action against netizens who have been spreading false rumors about the actor and posting malicious comments.
“In order to protect the rights of our artist, we will be taking severe legal action for defamation and any other cases of damage using the documents we have gathered as evidence.”
MYM said, “Taking advantage of freedom of speech and anonymity to hurt others through writing is assault and considered a cyber crime. To protect our artists and help create a wholesome internet culture, we will be taking action without settlement or leniency and do whatever we can to make sure the perpetrators are punished accordingly.”
Meanwhile, Lee Min-ho is diligently focusing on his next K-drama blockbuster, Legend of the Blue Sea. The actor is currently shooting in Spain. Legend of The Blue Sea is probably Lee Min-ho’s final project before he heads into mandatory military service.
According to The Inquisitr, Lee Min-ho’s agency, MYM Entertainment, revealed details about the actor’s enlistment. “Lee Min-ho will serve as a public service officer regardless of when he decides to begin his military service. We are looking at early next year,” the agency said.
Stay tuned for more Lee Min-ho updates and spoilers for Legend of The Blue Sea.
[Featured photo by Bullit Marquez/ AP Images]