Destiny: Rise of Iron received its first patch post-release patch Thursday after a little over a week since it launched for the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Bungie targeted fixes for the Strike loot along with improvements to Archon’s Forge.
The 22.214.171.124 update is a hotfix patch to address immediate issues that have been uncovered through the first week of play in Destiny: Rise of Iron. This includes loot not dropping at the correct Light for the Abomination Heist and Winter’s Run Strikes. It also fixes the Omnigul Strike from giving out too much loot and causing Guardians to farm the Wizard to quickly level. Yes, the Omnigul farm has been shut down.
The good news is Archon’s Forge may be more playable with this patch. Bungie is now guaranteeing an Archon’s Forge Offering from completing Quarantine Patrols in the Plaguelands. These offerings were not exactly easy to come by, but at least now there is a guaranteed way to get one. Additionally, completing an Archon’s Forge event now has a higher chance to drop an Offering on the spot so players can continue.
For more information on the PVE encounter, please consult the Archon’s Forge guide for Destiny. The event falls somewhere in between the Prison of Elders and Court of Oryx in terms of style. The biggest problem with it right now is that it is located a good distance away from the Patrol spawn, so it is hard to find other random players. In the event you can’t find anyone, try LFG website like the100.io, DestinyLFG, or Reddit Fireteams to find other players. Xbox One owners also have the in-console LFG function to help now too.
Two other important fixes include correcting a problem where players would not receive a Gjallarhorn after completing the Beauty in Destruction quest. Those that were affected by this bug can go to Exotic Blueprint kiosk in the Tower to get the Rocket Launcher. The other fix now allows Vanguard Boosters to actually work in the SIVA Heroic Strike Playlist.
Unfortunately, the glitch that does not allow Heroic Strikes to count towards the Rise of Iron progress book has not been fixed. Community Manager Chris “Cozmo23” Shannon confirmed in the Destiny Reddit group that this is a known issue that Bungie is working to address.
You can find the complete the complete patch notes for the Destiny 126.96.36.199 hotfix below.
- Fixed an issue where the Abomination Heist Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
- Fixed an issue where the Winter’s Run Strike was not dropping rewards with the correct Light
- Fixed an issue where the Echo Chamber Strike was appearing in the wrong playlist
- Omnigul will now drop rewards once during a Strike and will require the Strike to be finished to drop additional rewards
- Quarantine Patrols will now always drop an Archon’s Forge Offering upon killing the Splicer Priest in the second phase of the Activity
- Archon’s Forge has a higher chance to drop Offerings upon completion
- Fixed an issue where players who completed the “Beauty in Destruction” Questline did not receive a Gjallarhorn
- Players can retrieve their Gjallarhorn from the Weapon Blueprint Collection on the Year 1 tab
- Fixed an issue where Vanguard Reputation Boosters were not working in the SIVA Crisis Strike Playlist
Aside from this patch, Destiny players can look forward to the return of Trials of Osiris on Friday, September 30. The 3 versus 3 competitive multiplayer event is still on schedule to make its debut following the launch of Rise of Iron. Iron Banner is expected to return next week after the Weekly Reset.
[Featured Image by Bungie / Activision]